Apathetic to my upcoming cruise???

gill_boo

Hey all,

Usually I am bursting at the seams to get going, but I leave later this week and I feel so apathetic towards going. I think its because my boyfriend isn't going, I literally had to go up and force myself to start packing tonight. Anyone ever had this?

I understand.. this upcoming cruise is actually the first one i am not doing jumping jacks about...

I personally, my opinion, just think its 'the state of the world' right now.. economy sucks, unemployment is climbing, housing prices are dropping.. everything seems like doom and gloom...

I hope when i cruise i can forget reality for a while..

I understand.. and I hope you have a great time...

Sounds like we are in a funk!

Girl, go wild and have a fun time man free!!! Let your hair down, let the girls out of their bondage and go wild!

Heh, you're probably so use to going with someone that going alone is unsual. I've gone alone five times and I have MORE fun when I go alone!!!!

I've been ready to go again since I stepped off the plane at home (and getting the third degree from Canada Customs agents poking though all my stuff!). I have 75 days until I leave...my counting started the day after I got home!!!

Think of it as a testosterone free cruise. Let the estrogen flow!!!!! (tossing flowers in the air)

No, I didn't eat/take anything funny....

Hey all,

Usually I am bursting at the seams to get going, but I leave later this week and I feel so apathetic towards going. I think its because my boyfriend isn't going, I literally had to go up and force myself to start packing tonight. Anyone ever had this?

It is just at such dismal times that you should realize how blessed you are; go, relax, enjoy. We never know when the last time will be; you should take the opportunity and have a great time, even if you are alone. This may be different than other cruises with someone, but that doesn't mean it won't be good. If I could find a way to go alone, I would. Enjoy the solitude.

Do we need to remind you that it is about 75 degrees warmer than Canada?

Think about that trip up the gangway, getting that 1st picture. I would try to get one of those shots that will make people laugh when they are looking through the photo gallery looking for their pics.

Don't make any plans, just wing it the whole week. No schedule what so ever.

Try something new everyday in the dining room, or skip the dining room everyday. Do whatever the hell you feel like doing.

Did I mention it is about 75 degrees warmer than Canada?

I think you will still be looking out the window as you approach the port, trying to get a glimpse of the ship. The excitement is there, you will find it.

Have a GREAT cruise, and remember, it is about 75 degrees warmer than Canada.

Kurt

Hey all,

it happened to me...in 2003...on my second cruise, my BF couldn't go because he started a new job.....i was thinking about cancelling but the cruise was also a graduation present for my DS...so i went any way...let me tell you......it was the best cruise i have had so far.....

Now i would leave my bf home in a minute.....but he knows i had a BLAST......... and will not let that happen without him again......lol

i say GO AND HAVE FUN......:D

You've been given some great, supportive advice here.

I would just add to change your expectations; it will be different going alone, but not bad.

Take time to fill the "well" of goodness in you, so you can come back to the non-cruise world full of strength and hope that is much needed now.

Your heart and body deserves a break ... take it in and breathe deep.

If you can afford to treat yourself to some accupuncture, or a massage, do it early in the cruise and get yourself loosened up. I always wait til it's too late in the cruise and wonder why I haven't done it before.

I was amazed to learn how Martin Luther King always took his week in Jamaica to meditate and replenish his faith. Everybody needs a break; even and perhaps especially in difficult times. And being on and around all that water is very healing.

You'll come back stronger.

Enjoy, girl!!!

Actually I can relate....

we did so many cruises in the past 12 months....that in October and November...I got very "if we go...OK....if we don't...OK"

The good news is that after I got on the ships...I had an amazing time.

This feeling will pass!!!

(Obviously....since we sail on Saturday)

Do we need to remind you that it is about 75 degrees warmer than Canada?

Think about that trip up the gangway, getting that 1st picture. I would try to get one of those shots that will make people laugh when they are looking through the photo gallery looking for their pics.

Don't make any plans, just wing it the whole week. No schedule what so ever.

Try something new everyday in the dining room, or skip the dining room everyday. Do whatever the hell you feel like doing.

Did I mention it is about 75 degrees warmer than Canada?

I think you will still be looking out the window as you approach the port, trying to get a glimpse of the ship. The excitement is there, you will find it.

Have a GREAT cruise, and remember, it is about 75 degrees warmer than Canada.

Kurt

First off, thank you to everyone for your encouragement. I have cruised alone before so I am in no way worried about that. I just think he and I are getting closer and it would be great to have him there with me enjoying alongside.

Kurt, I have to say your post made me laugh. Trust me I have been looking at the weather forecasts and just drooling over how much nicer it will be there. Once I get to Thursday and I have to pull everything together I think I will be better.

Archived