anyone recently off dawn?

lorigray14

If you have recentley been on the Dawn, could you tell us if you experienced any "operational problems"? I'm leaving on 1/9/04 and was told a Tortola was dropped because of an operational problems. I don't really feel safe not knowing what IT is. Thanks.

I was on the 10/17 sailing of the Dawn. There were no operational problems, but I have noticed that it seems that all of these questions started popping up after our sailing, which we ran in to some high seas coming home. To be honest, I don't think you should worry at all. I'm sure NCL would not put you in danger. If it was such an emergency, why would they wait til March? Go, enjoy, it really is a super ship with super people.

If you have recentley been on the Dawn, could you tell us if you experienced any "operational problems"? I'm leaving on 1/9/04 and was told a Tortola was dropped because of an operational problems. I don't really feel safe not knowing what IT is. Thanks.

If you want to read more about the Dawn's problems, check out the post titled "Dawn dropped . . . ", and you'll probably find more than you really want to read. The basic problem has forced the decision to cruise at 18 knots instead of 25 at peak, leading to a drydock date in March, and the cancellation of the port stop in Tortola, for all cruises beginning with the next one. This week's will be stopping there, which indicates the future itinerary changes are of a precautionary measure. The same thing happened to the Norwegian Star, and took similar action.

EileenN,

I would love to hear how the first S. Caribbean cruise of the season was. How was the weather? I keep seeing showers possible each day. Did it rain much? How many days at sea were warm enough to lay by the pool?

Thanks,

Christie

It rained quite a few days. Some only passing cloud bursts and other soakers. We sailed on Sunday and Monday some were on deck in the sun or in the hot tub. Tuesday was overcast part of the day but the temp was warm. Wednesday...St. Thomas RAIN, but the tours enjoyed themselves and the shopping was great as many did not leave the ship and the prices were competitive. Some islands it rained on one side and was sunny and we were on the beach on the other side of the island. Dominica was raining in the morning and clearer in the afternoon and hot and humid.

We checked the Weather channel.com and knew it would be raining quite a bit. It still did not ruin a great vacation. Between the tours we arranged in ports and the activities on board, we were quite active and had a great time. 11 days is a long and relaxing time. We hit very cool weather the second day coming home. A few hearty souls laid out in the sun wrapped up.

she's a fine ship. i really enjoyed myself and all the people i met with cruise critic and others. the weather wasn't to great,but the crew made you feel right at home. my girlfriend was sick most of the trip,so i think i'm going to rebound pretty quick and book a 7 day trip on april 10th so she can have as good a time as i did. i'd like to say thanks to pat, and janice for the door signs and name tags. and hello to brad and dawn,really enjoyed your company,also billy, jolene,don and all the other fine people i met on this sailing. mike

Archived