Any cuise for a 1.5 year old ?

Rob_Jen

We would like to take a Caribbean cruise in March/April. We have a 4 year old which is no problem for kids programs. We also have our son who will be 17 months in March. I know there are no kids programs for his age but does any cruise line offer baby sitting for him (fee of course). Looking for some free time at sea and one or two of the evenings. At port we would take the kids with us to the beaches/journeys.

Also in the evening we probably wont be able to go to the shows since I doubt the kids will sit through them.

Any ideas? We need a vacation without Disney World parks.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that Carnival has babysitting for babies at night time between i think it is 10pm and 3am. (for 6an hour??? Not sure what i read)

Take along a grandparent! or someone who would want to spend some time with the children while you get your "alone time" on sea days!

Yes, Liberty and Independence also have the baby zone. I hope it doesn't get too crowded, we'll see I didn't know the Enchantment also, that's good.

Nope, it wasn't crowded at all. As a matter of fact, I was surprise to see my 4 year old thrown out of the Baby Zone...lol. :p She had been playing with some of the babies, one of the moms brought bubbles so she was blowing them for the babies. I asked her to leave the babies alone, the moms assured me that she was entertaining them and they were happy to have her there. (And I was right there, so I wasn't too concerned about it)

Anyway, the next day, she went back to the Baby Zone when there were no babies there and put her hands in the water. The Deck Patrol came over and told her that it was JUST FOR BABIES and she could play in the rest of the H20 zone, but she had to leave the Baby area.

So my kid got in trouble for playing in the Baby Zone. I was one of THOSE MOMS who didn't follow the rules. :p

Carnival has under 2 time on sea days from 12-2pm where you can go in and play with them with toys or leave them with the counselors for babysitting $6/hr. Also 10p-3am is group babysitting for the same price. You can also participate in all the family activities, welcome aboard party, scavenger hunts, etc.

Here is a picture of the splash area on Enchantment of the Seas! Beyondship posted a great review not too long ago on the main boards. My DD got in trouble for playing in here too:o;)

2la4xgi.jpg

So a kid NOT in a diaper is not allowed in there? That is crazy. That thing is a kid magnet. I know my dd never wanted to leave it when she was 3 and a half. Ugh, all these "kids in water" rules is a big reason Disney World is getting so much of our dough. :rolleyes:

Archived