Some photos from the 17 Jan cruise

uktog

Just a quick sort out hope you enjoy them

To view, you will need to have or create a snapfish account so hope this is not too tricky as I would like any cruisers wondering about Cambodia and Vietnam in particular to have a look

A

http://www2.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=278151410/a=129143042_129143042/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink

Just a quick sort out hope you enjoy them

To view, you will need to have or create a snapfish account so hope this is not too tricky as I would like any cruisers wondering about Cambodia and Vietnam in particular to have a look

A

http://www2.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=278151410/a=129143042_129143042/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink

I saw your photos and thank-you for sharing. I like the silk worm photo particularly:eek:

Great job.

Smooth sailing

Hi

Great pictures! It was really strange seeing the cruise (in reverse) through a different lens! Must try and sort ours out.

You definitely had much better weather than us in Halong Bay - it was very overcast on the day we were there.

Julie Jean

Barb

We did both as ships tours; the Halong Bay was an afternoon excursion and the Hanoi was "Hanoi Past and Present". We originally we booked for Hanoi in a day but talking to shore excursions switched to Past and Present as it was for us a better itinerary - cyclo ride and visit to Hanoi Hilton were included in it.

Shore Excursions were always really helpful at working out with us what would work best and even though we had booked before we left UK were very happy to switch things around as long as we were within the published deadlines for changes.

The only thing to be aware of on the Hanoi trip, there is very little option for shopping. Your shopping time is at a "service station" - very very clean toilets but over priced items to buy. Just be aware of this and schedule your shopping elsewhere ie Saigon was good

A

No notebook purchased. The prices were not much less than here - there are good clearance bargains around at home and the exchange rate was not as favourable as it used to be - so we decided to go for the safety of a purchase at home

To uktog,

Really loved your photos -- brought back wonderful memories. I actually climbed up the top of Marble mountain. Thought I would have a heart attack, but I was 20 years younger than I am today. The Hanoi Hilton was certainly sobering -- wasn't it????

Happy traveling -- isn't it the greatest!!!!

Sheila

Archived