Voyager of the Seas - Galveston - Question

Bandit

Can anyone tell me if the Voyager docks portside or starbard side?

I know this is not an earth shattering question. I'd just like to know if I my room will be on the pier side for sailing.

Thanks to everyone for any info you can give me.

Bandit

If I am in cabin 7336 on Voyager doing Roatan, Costa May and Cozumel am I going to be looking at the ocean in every port or am I going to get to enjoy the view of the island? Also what will be the case in Galveston?

its always nice to be able to see the island on arrival and departure but wont lose sleep if im on the wrong side!!!

Many thanks to those who know the answer!!

Based on what I've seen and experienced...NO GUARANTEES ;)

You're on the starboard side. Based on how Voyager has been docking in Galveston this season, you'll be looking at the water not the dock while tied up, but once underway and after the spin to leave the harbor you will be watching Galveston from your balcony.

Cozumel...based on how Voyager has traditionally docked there at the International pier, you will be looking at the water, and across to the mainland.

Roatan...based on my experience last season, and most pictures I've seen, you will be facing the water.

Costa Maya...luck of the draw...50-50 chance depending on wind and currents.

Like I said...no guarantees!

Did this route on Rhapsody in '07 (plus Progresso) and loved it!

Did this route on Voyager in '08 (plus Progresso minus CostaMaya) and loved it!

Doing it again in March and will love it!

Based on what I've seen and experienced...NO GUARANTEES ;)

You're on the starboard side. Based on how Voyager has been docking in Galveston this season, you'll be looking at the water not the dock while tied up, but once underway and after the spin to leave the harbor you will be watching Galveston from your balcony.

Cozumel...based on how Voyager has traditionally docked there at the International pier, you will be looking at the water, and across to the mainland.

Roatan...based on my experience last season, and most pictures I've seen, you will be facing the water.

Costa Maya...luck of the draw...50-50 chance depending on wind and currents.

Like I said...no guarantees!

Did this route on Rhapsody in '07 (plus Progresso) and loved it!

Did this route on Voyager in '08 (plus Progresso minus CostaMaya) and loved it!

Doing it again in March and will love it!

Looks like I drew the short straw on which side of the boat to be eh??? Still I booked a balcony guarantee and have been allocated a Superior ocean View so shouldnt complain. Just would have been nice to see the islands as you dock

SPECULATION MODE ON.

Does Voyager use the same berth each time? I haven't been to Galveston yet. I know in Miami it depends on which berth they are at and what other ship is already there when they arrive. In 3 cruises there on 3 different ships, I have sailed twice with the starboard side toward port (ship facing out to sea) and once with the port side facing inward. That was on Voyager and my first cruise so I wondered how they were going to turn it around and get it headed toward the right direction. The spin was fun to watch from the upper decks up front.

Looks like I drew the short straw on which side of the boat to be eh??? Still I booked a balcony guarantee and have been allocated a Superior ocean View so shouldnt complain. Just would have been nice to see the islands as you dock

We were starboard in December, our friends Port, they got the view in Roatan. We sail 2/22 and we're in 7630, portside, so I'm looking forward to the different view! We did face the pier in Galveston as has already been said. Your cabin is in a great location though for getting about the ship, like you, I had a guarantee and I'm very happy with the location.

Enjoy your trip. Voyager is a great ship.

In galveston, RCCL always (99.9%) uses terminal#2, while carnival uses #1.

The issue with Voyager in Galveston is that she must go farther up the channel in order to turn around...there is no room for her length right at the pier due to all the offshore oil platforms being services across the channel. During her first season here she would sail past the pier, spin and sail back down in the morning. This year she has been just pulling in and sailing up to spin as she leaves.

In galveston, RCCL always (99.9%) uses terminal#2, while carnival uses #1.

The issue with Voyager in Galveston is that she must go farther up the channel in order to turn around...there is no room for her length right at the pier due to all the offshore oil platforms being services across the channel. During her first season here she would sail past the pier, spin and sail back down in the morning. This year she has been just pulling in and sailing up to spin as she leaves.

Thanks for that insight.

We were on the Voyager last week. We docked with the port side to the dock at all three locations, four including Galveston. At Cozumel, there was another ship right next to us, so the view would not include much more than the ship. At Roatan and Costa Maya, we were the only ship in port.

No worries...you'll have a blast!

I had no idea that there were so many people as interested in which side of the ship we would dock on. Thank everyone of you for your quick response. I'm happy that I was not the only one asking this question.

My room in on the Port side. That means the part of my family that booked on the starbord side will have to come over to my side to watch us dock. Sounds like we need to have a docking party in our room.

I'm sailing in March. Wheather hopefully will be wormer.

Bandit

• 3 weeks later...
If I am in cabin 7336 on Voyager doing Roatan, Costa May and Cozumel am I going to be looking at the ocean in every port or am I going to get to enjoy the view of the island? Also what will be the case in Galveston?

its always nice to be able to see the island on arrival and departure but wont lose sleep if im on the wrong side!!!

Many thanks to those who know the answer!!

You should come join us on the 4-5-09 thread. We have a large M&M registered and a great thread.

Archived