Dawn-Best Inside Cabin Location? Which Deck??

ieatchickens

Funds are limited but I want to take the family to Bermuda on the Dawn. My question is:

Which deck is the best location for an inside? My choices are Decks 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 or 11.

My DW does have sea sick issues so I was thinking 4 or 5 might be the better choice. Any thoughts from the experienced cruiser????

Before I get a lot of advise on the seas sick issue, On our last cruise we did the patch, bonine, ginger thing well in advance of the departure and she did experience some sickness in the open water. (Minor swells) She also got sick once we reached land after the cruise.

You are probably right about the decks. Conventional wisdom says to go for mid-ship as much as possible. However, personally, my preference is always to be as close to an elevator as possible (I usually choose the forward elevator). Partially because it is so convenient since I hate those longs walks down corridors of identical-looking doors, but also because walking those corridors are when I most feel the motion of the ship.

I know you are not necessarily looking for seasickness advice, but did you try the patch and bonine on the same cruise? My advice (and I am sure there are lots of opinions on this) is to pick one and go with it. We have never had a seasickness problem on a cruise, but are both prone to it in other circumstances, we ALWAYS take a Bonine every morning as prevention.

I would also say (sorry) that the closest I ever got to getting seasick was when we went with an inside cabin on our frist cruise. I had no objection to the inside at all, but I did feel the motion getting to me when I would lie down to sleep - keeping my eyes open until I fell asleep seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks for the quick replies. I called my DW at work and she didn't want to be in the lower "bowls" of the ship far removed from the public areas so that narrows down the choices.

After checking out the deck plans of the Dawn, I think I will go with deck 10 since both decks 11 and 9 have cabins above and below me. I didn't like the idea of being on deck 11 right under the pool and public areas.

Thanks for the advise. Hopefully be booking today or tomorrow!

For exact center inside cabins look at Deck 8, there are some insides right in the center of the ship just forward of the center stairs (category J). We were booked there for the Bermuda cruise of 6/7, but with the CC group prices we could afford to get an ocean view. Check the link in my signature for details on the group prices and other benefits if June 7 to 14 will work for your family. Also the Tall Ships will be in Bermuda when we are on the island.

Well I am in the process of booking and have decide to go with Deck 10 in the middle of the ship. There are two cabins in the "I" class that are twice the size of the rregular ones but the DW fear of sea sickness rules that these aft cabins are off limits to us.

Thanks to all who have responded. Gotta love CC! :D

Just to throw something out there. We stayed on deck 11, inside, near the suites. Service was great (suite stewards) and it was a quick run up the stairs to the pool deck. The only noise we heard was a bit from from the center of the ship. We are however sound sleepers once asleep.

The extremely easy and quick access was a real plus. We would sail on deck 11 again in a heartbeat.

Well I am in the process of booking and have decide to go with Deck 10 in the middle of the ship. There are two cabins in the "I" class that are twice the size of the rregular ones but the DW fear of sea sickness rules that these aft cabins are off limits to us.

Thanks to all who have responded. Gotta love CC! :D

Sounds like those might be the Handicap cabins. (you don't want to go there!) :eek:

Good luck with your choice. Make sure you take any seaseak meds several hours before you sail.

We just booked inside # 10103 for the May 1-2 Weekender.

Sandy

Archived