Booking the cruise: WT...?

sandravb79

It's D-day, I got my approval for my vacation from work.

First job is done, flights ($607 pp, I'm very happy with that!!!!!)

Next job: getting a quote from Disney, done.

Third job: booking the cruise: WT....?

I browsed some sites, discovered that many sites (almost all of them :( )block internationals (yes, you can call a toll-free number, unfortunately, that never works from here!), so I decided to book through Celebrity's website, the price difference is minimal.

I select cruise, date, stateroom, etc, and then they give me this courtesy hold. Euhm... where do I pay?

I get this phone number from their Belgian TA or so, I call the number asking what I'm supposed to do. They just bark at me that I'll receive an email (how was I supposed to know that? don't bark at me!)

When I ask if the price quoted on the website is the final price or if some extra taxes will be added, they once again bark that I will receive an email. :(

I guess I'll wait for the email, and I hope the cruise itself will be a nicer experience.

I know things like this depend on the person you have contact with, but still... I was so excited about it, wanted to start adding excursions etc.

Let's start the waiting...

Bummer. Thats no way to start planning a vacation !

Can't help with details as see you are in Brussels and I know it all works different there.

I know here when booking online you have the OPTION to put a courtesy hold on a cabin.....or put a deposit down and receive a confirmation with a booking number. Sure you didnt click on the hold option ? Just a thought.

The hold button was the only one available.

In the mean time, I have received emails from their Belgian partner. Now I have to go to a travel agent of my choice to complete the booking, before April 10.

Very convenient I must say. Why do I book online? Oh, because I don't have time off during the week to go to a travel agent!

Grrr, will have to send my mom on a mission... and hope she'll do it right... :cool:

I live in the US. I did book on celebrity.com and put the deposit down online, changed rooms online, picked excursions online and best of all when the prices dropped even got that applied online; without ever talking to anyone.

If you are paying by CC, i wonder what difference it makes where you are from. The one time i called them they were extremely courteous.

Have you tried other sites?

TAs are a bit of a hassle. Maybe they'll do it over phone?

Hope everything works out.

Archived