Need Travel ID advice...help

My son is having a MAJOR problem getting his passport. Does he NEED it for a cruise out of PR to the So Caribbean? My son is adopted from a foreign county his birth cert is not available. Naturalization papers are lost. This will be his honeymoon cruise. He does have a valid NJ drivers licence and I guess will have a marriage certificate in his name. Yes, I know this is his problem but I would really like some input. Cruise is the first week in June. Thanks so much for any advice.

BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS 2/6/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;2;6;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I would suggest he immediately apply for duplicate naturalization papers. He cannot board with just a driver's license and marriage license. These are not the cruiseline's requirements it is compliance with immigration and customs. Thankfully in today's world I'm glad it is enforced. Further even if he were allowed to board he probably couldn't disembark in other countries.

He will need a birth cerificate at a minimum. You don't need a passport. I would suggest he contact the Department of State ASAP.

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

det38.gif Stanley Cup 2004!

Win Wings 4 Predators 2 On to round 2

He has to have a birth certificate and his drivers license or a passport. I would call the border patrol or immigration and see what they will accept. Also call Royal Caribbean to see what they require. Good luck and tell your son Congratulations.

Happy Cruising

Patty

KNOWLA1

I am a NY police capt., and I STRONGLY urge that your son physically go to the nearest Immigration Naturalization Service office with all his I.D. and any correspondence he may have regarding his adoption and naturalization. He needs to get these lost documents replaced A.S.A.P.Even though most Caribbean countries don't require passports, if your son encounters any problems while outside the U.S., he may have a very difficult time.I'm not saying this to frighten or be a doomsayer, but these issues are treated very seriously these days. Good Luck!

John

Brilliance- Mediterranean- Venice

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;6;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

I agree....just came back on the train from Montreal. Canadian customs going was not so bad. US customs, VERY picky! Even with people with US passports. My mom and I had no trouble, but they were really questioning some of the others, especially foreigners. So even if the other countries would let him in, getting BACK into the US may be tough.

I would suggest hopping over to the Federal building in Phila (where they can rush passports i think-so they should be able to offer other advice.) and asking them what to do. Your son should really get going, there isn't too much time. Also, on the INS part of the gov't website, there may be some advice on what to do.

meg

"I gotta fly to St. Somewhere....I'm close to bodily harm!" jimmy b

trink02.gif

Time left til Boat Drinks on my 1st cruise on AOS!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

My Cruise History:

Cape May-Lewes Ferry

BC Ferry (Seattle to Vancouver)

And a bunch of "cruises" on my uncle's sailboat when I was little!

Agree with all previous posters. We are naturalized citizens, travel extensively, husband visits Canada frequently and echos previous poster about how much stricter things are. Also, have read (not sure if true) that Aruba and Barbados will soon require U.S. passports - if either of those islands are on his cruise. Had to get my passport renewed in an emergency one time (death in the family) and went to the INS and passport office in Chicago - they were very helpful and got it taken care of in one day. It was a lot of waiting around, definitely took all day, but it can be done.

Archived