Laundry? Aboard Equinox

Cabin Feva

We are fisrt time cruisers and are wondering about how we do our laundry for 2 weeks? Can you do it in the cabin by hand and put somewhere to dry like verandah? I have heard that you can take a line and pegs? Is this true? :confused:

The ship runs a laundry and dry cleaning service. You're on vacation on a nice cruise - the laundry isn't really all that expensive. Factor it in and relax and enjoy yourself.

If you choose to do it yourself no one can stop you. We've read there is no longer a drying line in the showers on the Solstice and would expect the same on the Equinox. There are dangers to leaving clothes out on the veranda to dry including wind, salt spray from the ocean, and, while it shouldn't happen, it is a potential fire hazard if some idiot throws a cigarette butt over the railing above you (these inevitably come back against the ship and land on a lower balcony and are suspected to have caused a dangerous fire on a Princess ship a few years back). So if you do put clothes outside consider this before you leave them unattended.

You can bring enough clothes to last you the 2 weeks or you can use the dry cleaning offered by Celebrity. While on our 14 day Solstice cruise we took advantage of the laundry bag challenge where you stuff as much laundry into the bag they provide and they will wash it for you for $29.

As the previous poster stated, Celebrity states that you should not leave anything out on the verandah.

Patty

You will hear the Captain say during the muster drill that nothing is to be left on the balconies overnight. Plus, there's so much salt spray that comes up on the decks that your clothes could be ruined. You can wash your undies in the sink and hang them in the bathroom, but for other things you can use the laundry service. It's quite reasonable.

For a long cruise you just need to plan on using the laundry service. We take all the underwear we need for the full trip- it takes a small amount of luggage space, but send out hubbys dress shirts, some casual wear- enough to get us through the extra days in the cruise with clean clothes. Pack alot of mix and match clothing- it will get you a long way. If they offer the bag deal then take advantage of it.

Enjoy your cruise! We will be enjoying the Equinox in December!

Bev

...You can wash your undies in the sink and hang them in the bathroom...

.... We take all the underwear we need for the full trip- it takes a small amount of luggage space, but send out hubbys dress shirts...

Come on you whimps!! Let the ship's laundry do the undies too - it's like 50 cents a pair or $3.50 a week. You can do undies for 2 for 2 weeks for not much more than the price of a martini and they come out very clean, folded and in a paper bag. And your room steward won't even snicker - they've seen it all (and much more) before. When we're on an extended cruise we figure $50 to $100 for laundry and dry cleaning. Yes that's a lot for laundry ... but still not a big percentage of our cruise budget and it makes things much more manageable and sensible.

Larry - I swear I can't let anyone see my undies. :D

That's what we thought...at least before we did a long cruise in Europe after a long pre-cruise. Then we realized it was no big deal. At first we just "sneaked" a couple pair into a "bag of laundry" special and after that we worked our way up to just sending some in on the regular laundry charge slip. And you know what? We didn't hear any giggling in the hallways.

Truly it is no big deal. My wife even sent in her.... ... OW! Why did you hit me dear?

We have had no problem packing clothes for a 14 night cruise plus 3 night pre cruise. The only time we have used the laundry service was when we did a back to back for 28 nights and were gone for 6 weeks including pre and post cruise stays.

Just curious, does anyone know how they keep track of whose clothes are whose? I'm sure they must separate & sort clothes into batches for dark & light etc - and don't think they could manage doing each order separately. When my Dad was in a nursing home briefly, even though I wrote his name with a laundry marker by the tag - things were forever getting lost. Just wondering how it's done on a cruise ship.

Just curious, does anyone know how they keep track of whose clothes are whose? I'm sure they must separate & sort clothes into batches for dark & light etc - and don't think they could manage doing each order separately. When my Dad was in a nursing home briefly, even though I wrote his name with a laundry marker by the tag - things were forever getting lost. Just wondering how it's done on a cruise ship.

I don't know how they keep track but the're pretty good. They even got them back to me once when I put the wrong cabin number down! We've used the laundry pleanty of times even when the cruise isn't real long. In fact the first thing we usually do is send a few things that didn't travel well in for pressing and if we have some items that need dry cleaning before our cruise we'll wait until we get on the ship and send those too the first day.

Archived