New underwater digital camera snorkeling mask!

copper6606

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look forward to some pictures from the mask. We saw it used by someone on our excursion. I did not use the diCApac afterall....just too much of an issue since the little Lumix is what I was using for the pictures out to the excursion and I was just too nervous to try it from the boat and have something go wrong. Where we snorkeled at Norman island it was early morning and the sun was not over the hill yet and shining into the water, so I wil be interested to learn more as time goes on how the mask does in a low light situation like that.

I'll look forward to some pictures from the mask. We saw it used by someone on our excursion. I did not use the diCApac afterall....just too much of an issue since the little Lumix is what I was using for the pictures out to the excursion and I was just too nervous to try it from the boat and have something go wrong. Where we snorkeled at Norman island it was early morning and the sun was not over the hill yet and shining into the water, so I wil be interested to learn more as time goes on how the mask does in a low light situation like that.

Oh, I was hoping you decided to use it, so I would know whether to use mine or not ;)

I tested it in my sink and bathtub and all is ok, but I am like you, still not sure if I want to risk my camera or not. I plan on letting DH use the camera while snorkeling since I need to concentrate on snorkeling and not taking pictures! I am not the strongest swimmer and sometimes fear overtakes me so I know that I will not be able to take pictures that would be worth anything.

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Deb

Oh, I was hoping you decided to use it, so I would know whether to use mine or not ;)

I tested it in my sink and bathtub and all is ok, but I am like you, still not sure if I want to risk my camera or not. I plan on letting DH use the camera while snorkeling since I need to concentrate on snorkeling and not taking pictures! I am not the strongest swimmer and sometimes fear overtakes me so I know that I will not be able to take pictures that would be worth anything.

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Deb

Thanks Deb - We did enjoy the trip. I'm sorry I couldn't pull it off this time and share news of good results. For some of the same reasons as you I wanted to just enjoy the snorkeling as well. Every time I snorkel it takes me about 20 miuntes or so to stop the kind of anxiety attacks that affect my breathing and I had the kodak underwater rubberbanded on my upper arm but never used it since it was dark in the waters. I will try it at some point I am sure it does seem OK but one thing I think is that it would have floated in the water rather than hang with me due to the air bubble that needs to be there. Sorry again.:o

Thanks Deb - We did enjoy the trip. I'm sorry I couldn't pull it off this time and share news of good results. For some of the same reasons as you I wanted to just enjoy the snorkeling as well. Every time I snorkel it takes me about 20 miuntes or so to stop the kind of anxiety attacks that affect my breathing and I had the kodak underwater rubberbanded on my upper arm but never used it since it was dark in the waters. I will try it at some point I am sure it does seem OK but one thing I think is that it would have floated in the water rather than hang with me due to the air bubble that needs to be there. Sorry again.:o

Yeah, I'm with you. I love to snorkel but that anxiety is always there. I am too busy concentrating on trying to stay calm and enjoy, so I am sure I will not be able to concentrate on taking pics. Thanks!

I ordered the mask but it's back ordered. Hopefully it will be be here before we leave on our cruise May 2!:eek:

I hope so also because I can't wait to see what the "everyday" person's photos look like. The video looked good but let's face it, it was done by the company.;)

The mask is something that I really want to get since I'm not willing to spend the money for an underwater housing for my camera. I used one of the disposable cameras and it was too hard to fine the viewfinder through the mask. By the time I got it all together, the fish were gone.:(

I hope so also because I can't wait to see what the "everyday" person's photos look like. The video looked good but let's face it, it was done by the company.;)

The mask is something that I really want to get since I'm not willing to spend the money for an underwater housing for my camera. I used one of the disposable cameras and it was too hard to fine the viewfinder through the mask. By the time I got it all together, the fish were gone.:(

I had the same problem with the viewfinder on the disposable cameras. That's why I ordered the mask. I got notified today that the mask shipped yesterday, so I should have it in about a week!:D

I had the same problem with the viewfinder on the disposable cameras. That's why I ordered the mask. I got notified today that the mask shipped yesterday, so I should have it in about a week!:D

WOO-HOO!!!

Can't wait to see how you make out with the mask and your overall impression.

This is the ONE half decent picture I was able to get with the disposable and I think it was a "point and hope I get something".:D

753fc4cd.jpg

I have seen great pictures with post snap processing. That's what I wanted to attempt. I think even some less likely shots can be good with processing and I don't think we think about adjusting these photos as often as other shots.

Sunny...I am psyched for your UPS delivery!

I have seen great pictures with post snap processing. That's what I wanted to attempt. I think even some less likely shots can be good with processing and I don't think we think about adjusting these photos as often as other shots.

Sunny...I am psyched for your UPS delivery!

I think all underwater shots need to be enhanced - for no other reason than to make them clearer. I have done this with quite a few. Here is a link to the snorkeling album I started. DH took most of these with his digital camera in underwater housing. I then took them and enhanced them on a Picture It! program. Unfortunately our Picture It! program does not work on my new computer so I am going to go to Best Buy and see if I can find a new picture program and have it installed before we leave.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/563312566RoPLof

If the camera mask takes pictures anywhere as close in quality I'll be happy!:)

• 3 months later...
I've been watching to see if you came back to tell how the camera mask worked. I looked at you album but there's no indication if any of the pix were taken with the mask. Was it a no or a go?

Yes I took quite a few pictures with the mask. However, I did have problems lining up the crosshairs correctly. The camera took great pictures....if you were aiming correctly. I had to discard quite a few pictures. The land pictures I took with it turned out great, too. Here are a few with the camera mask:

2082021130071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2601857680071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2033694360071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2794311660071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

2709292260071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

I know I took these with the mask, plus more. DH took most of them with his camera in a housing. They got mixed together in the album. Just practice a lot before you leave in the water so you can learn how to line up your shots.

BTW - I do enhance all my pictures with my Picasa program. These are not "raw" out of the camera.

Yes I took quite a few pictures with the mask. However, I did have problems lining up the crosshairs correctly. The camera took great pictures....if you were aiming correctly. I had to discard quite a few pictures. The land pictures I took with it turned out great, too. Here are a few with the camera mask:

Did you look funny taking land pictures with the mask on?:p:D

Thanks so much for the response and the pictures........I'm going shopping for sure!!!:D

Nothing wrong with a little bit of "help".

As John and Paul would say:

"Yes I get by with a little help from my friends

With a little help from my friends ." ;)

Did you look funny taking land pictures with the mask on?:p:D

Thanks so much for the response and the pictures........I'm going shopping for sure!!!:D

Well, since my DH was in the water with the other camera and my little iguana friend wouldn't stick around to pose later on, I figured a girl has to do what a girl has to do! Enjoy the camera!:D

• 2 months later...

I just found this thread and I'm so sorry that I originally started this thread but didn't come back to tell you how I made out with it!!:o

I LOVED IT!!!!:D I used it underwater [ digital pics] as well as video and also I tried it out of the water- just for fun. !!The pics and Video were GREAT!!! I also have an Olympus underwater camera that I got the year before and I thought that it took great pics - but the "Mask" was clearer!!

can'twait to use it on our next cruise in Jan/10 on "The DREAM"!

• 2 weeks later...
Here they are:

scuba.jpg

Dave

Much better than Crocs for the dining room, and they will go nicely with any color mask & purse. A real fashion statement.:D

I'll bet they'd be fun to dance the night away in too, just stay far away from the railings ! :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived