New underwater digital camera snorkeling mask!

copper6606

Just had to post this link to this item that my husband just surprised me with. What a hoot. I love to snorkel - but never seem to be camera ready when a great fish swims by- this should do the trick. It is only good up to 15 feet of depth , but that's perfectly fine for me. Have any of you out there tried this before?

Check it out;)

http://www.liquidimageco.com/home/specs.html

Just had to post this link to this item that my husband just surprised me with. What a hoot. I love to snorkel - but never seem to be camera ready when a great fish swims by- this should do the trick. It is only good up to 15 feet of depth , but that's perfectly fine for me. Have any of you out there tried this before?

Check it out;)

http://www.liquidimageco.com/home/specs.html

Pretty cool, but you're going to look funny walking around taking pictures on Formal Night!

:D:D

Dave

I've see them and wondered how they work keep us posted I would like some if they work I have dropped two underwater cameras and DH have to go get them so this is right up my alley. thanks

Will do. I've taken a few pictures and a few min. of video with it [ not underwater] and it works great. I would say if you are within 5 to 10 feet of something- that is the best! Thanks Dave for getting that posted!

The 3 mega pixels runs around $79.00 and the 5 mega pixels runs anywhere from $99.- $114.00. There were quite a few places selling them. My husband just googled: Liquid Image Camera Mask.

The shoes I haven't ordered yet- I thought it might just be a wee bit overboard!:eek: [no pun intended]! LOL

that is a great idea if the pics turn out good! they are thinking of everything! my husband bought me a pair of binoculars for christmas that have a digital camera built in.. will see how those work out on our whale watching trip in St. Lucia next month!

I bought a Digipac that I am waiting for to get here. I have read favorable reviews. I have also looked at some underwater photos taken by cruisers that we have sailed with that came out awesome with the Photoshop Elements software adjustments.

So my goal for the end of March is: find fish, take snaps with my little Lumix in my waterproof pouch:)

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of ordering the snorkel mask for our cruise in 6 weeks. The sample pictures I saw were good. Of course I will probably still have to fix them up on my picture program. I have to do that when DH uses his more expensive camera in the waterproof housing. It "turns on the lights"!:)

I am thinking of ordering the snorkel mask for our cruise in 6 weeks. The sample pictures I saw were good. Of course I will probably still have to fix them up on my picture program. I have to do that when DH uses his more expensive camera in the waterproof housing. It "turns on the lights"!:)

Interesting concept but how do you focus and view what you want to take? As for the diapacs. still not sure if I want to be putting a 300 to 1500 dollar camera in a plastic bag. Just happen to catch it on a coral or gear and get a hole I know I would not want to ever sarface again and listen to my better half. Forever.:eek: So I bought a underwater camera and hope it don't leak. :eek:

The Ump

John

Hey Ginny! I also came across this thread and noted the snorkeling mask. I sent it to DH thinking maybe I would rather have this instead of the DICIpac waterproof case I bought. I am still nervous about using it for my camera. I have heard pros and cons. Did you order the camera mask?

Deb

Hey Ginny! I also came across this thread and noted the snorkeling mask. I sent it to DH thinking maybe I would rather have this instead of the DICIpac waterproof case I bought. I am still nervous about using it for my camera. I have heard pros and cons. Did you order the camera mask?

Deb

Deb - I think I am going to go ahead and order it today. It looks very interesting. We can take pictures of the bubbles at Champagne Reef together, LOL!:p

Deb

Hi There! I have the DiCAPac and I am going to attempt to use it next week but I also have a Kodak that I picked up today in CVS in case I chickened out.

I think the seal is going to be suitable to protect the camera with some effort (little point and shoot for this) and I think that it is probably going to be ok to operate the camera with as the casing is very soft and comfortable. I have had it empty with some really wickable tissue paper in it in the kitchen sink and the seal was tight, but again, its not without a solid effort to make sure. (OK, lets call it fear)

My only concern is that my plan to use it is on a snorkel that is not from the beach and I don't want to find myself concerned about the camera since it may be more or a distraction than I would like when snorkeling. I have a small card for the camera that will be just for this effort as I do not want to ruin any snaps I have on a larger card, so I have thought of that. Off a beach I just walk back and all its done, it might be more than I bargained for if I have to swim back to a boat with this thing high in the air if something appears to be going wrong.

So we'll see. And I will report back.

Archived