Super Saver. Has anyone ever recieved a SS credit??

holdon216

Booked on the Victory with the "early super saver" price. If the cruise price goes down we get the disconted price in a ship board credit. Has anyone ever recieved this and if so how much??? And when was it that the price dropped??

TY

I do not believe you get a ship board credit...as I understand it, you have to fill out the early saver form, submit it and then they recredit your credit card, if you have paid in full. If you have not paid in full, it just lowers the final payment. It is up to you to watch the internet for price drops and file the claim form.

I read something about the claim form too. I guess that is how it works. I cannot decide whether or not to book with the early saver because it states you cannot do a name change. This cruise is for Nov. and my dh may or may not be able to get off work. If not I would take my niece but I dont want to lose the $ if I cannot change it to her. It saves $110 by using this over a past guest discount.:confused:

Booked on the Victory with the "early super saver" price. If the cruise price goes down we get the disconted price in a ship board credit. Has anyone ever recieved this and if so how much??? And when was it that the price dropped??

TY

The program just started less than a month ago, so not sure how many people would have seen a price drop from the Early Saver rate already. You will really have to keep checking the rates, I would say you might see a drop around the 160-151 day mark if booked on a 6 day or longer cruise, but thats just a guess.

Also be aware that if all the cabins in your category sell out, the Early Saver rate will disappear. You wont see it again unless someone cancels a cabin within your category.

I do not believe you get a ship board credit...as I understand it, you have to fill out the early saver form, submit it and then they recredit your credit card, if you have paid in full. If you have not paid in full, it just lowers the final payment. It is up to you to watch the internet for price drops and file the claim form.

I would swear that I thought you could only get OBC, not a refund to your cc. (not that it matters, just to clear this up)

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Also be aware that if all the cabins in your category sell out, the Early Saver rate will disappear. You wont see it again unless someone cancels a cabin within your category.

We booked ours last weekend and the price has gone up $30 pp because the cabins in our category indeed sold out. I was going to wait longer to book it because I thought that the early saver rate would be good until 3 months before my cruise... I'm glad I just went ahead and booked it!

I read something about the claim form too. I guess that is how it works. I cannot decide whether or not to book with the early saver because it states you cannot do a name change. This cruise is for Nov. and my dh may or may not be able to get off work. If not I would take my niece but I dont want to lose the $ if I cannot change it to her. It saves $110 by using this over a past guest discount.:confused:

Karen , you can change a name for a 50.00 fee , my understanding.

also watch the prices I am scheduled for miracle in oct and although my catagory has not gone down the other cats dropped about 40.00 PP

Karen , you can change a name for a 50.00 fee , my understanding.

also watch the prices I am scheduled for miracle in oct and although my catagory has not gone down the other cats dropped about 40.00 PP

With Early Saver, no name changes are allowed.

http://www.bookccl.com/earlysaver/default.asp

*Cruise rate are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee may be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply.

I found the name change thing:

^The company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests at up to $9 per person per day if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

*Cruise rate are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee may be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply.

Everything's negotiable. My PVP made a number of add/move changes that supposedly incurred financial penalties (albiet to add more cruisers to our group!) under the Super Saver program, but waived all the fees.

The program just started less than a month ago, so not sure how many people would have seen a price drop from the Early Saver rate already. You will really have to keep checking the rates, I would say you might see a drop around the 160-151 day mark if booked on a 6 day or longer cruise, but thats just a guess.

Ours just dropped $40pp and my TA called Carnival for me yesterday. He really pushed to get them to agree to dropping the $80 total off our balance without having to fill out the forms. Carnival refused so he had to submit our request and said it can take up to 3 days to get the price adjusted with the new program. It sounds like the Early Saver is going to make alot more work for the TAs since we can't complete the forms ourself. Oh well I'm enjoying the first ever price drop for us :)

It really pays to watch the prices through the cruise lines.... I booked a cruise on Valor for 6/09 in May of 2008... We booked early so we could get the rooms we wanted.

There are 8 of us going... just by watching prices since last May - we have now gone down about $1800!! I do think my TA gets sick of me calling and having her confirm prices when I have seen a drop....But hey! that is a lot of money!!

When I saw the Super Saver come up - we switched our prebooked rooms to those (kept same rooms) and saved!

So, I keep this little journal by my computer and 1-2x per week I check prices and write them down then contact TA if a decrease. Every time I find one - I almost feel like I am getting a little something for free.

Ours just dropped $40pp and my TA called Carnival for me yesterday. He really pushed to get them to agree to dropping the $80 total off our balance without having to fill out the forms. Carnival refused so he had to submit our request and said it can take up to 3 days to get the price adjusted with the new program. It sounds like the Early Saver is going to make alot more work for the TAs since we can't complete the forms ourself. Oh well I'm enjoying the first ever price drop for us :)

This is my follow up to the OP's question ......As mentioned above my TA had to file a claim form for the price drop on our Miracle cruise. I went back and read the terms of the program again and saw that we were supposed to receive OBC's for drops in price. Yesterday our TA sent us a new invoice and Carnival adjusted the cruise price to reflect the new price. So in our case our cruise was refared to the current price :) I much prefer it this way and was glad to have been able to enjoy the new program. We have saved over $500 on our 8 day Miracle cruise by switching to this program. Gotta love it (for us) . :D

This is my follow up to the OP's question ......As mentioned above my TA had to file a claim form for the price drop on our Miracle cruise. I went back and read the terms of the program again and saw that we were supposed to receive OBC's for drops in price. Yesterday our TA sent us a new invoice and Carnival adjusted the cruise price to reflect the new price. So in our case our cruise was refared to the current price :) I much prefer it this way and was glad to have been able to enjoy the new program. We have saved over $500 on our 8 day Miracle cruise by switching to this program. Gotta love it (for us) . :D

I guess its a tweak to the program, several people have confirmed that Carnival is adjusting final payment amounts, rather than giving it as OBC. The OBC's doesnt start until after final payment is due.

This is a smart move, since some thought it was a penalty to get OBC rather than a price adjustment prior to final payment.

Archived