Arriving in Anchorage at 1 am??

pacheco18

We are planning to take the June 5 Celebrity Millennium cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver on June 5. Every flight available to us gets us in to Anchorage at around 1 am. Is this pretty standard?

I know it's a four hour ride to Seward and we can board at 1 pm.

Do we just "hang around" with all our luggage until boarding time. Is there some other option? Any suggestions?

Laraine

We really do not want to spend time in Anchorage pre cruise - we are planning to spend several days in Vancouver at the end of the trip.

That 1am arrival is pretty standard particularly if you use the US Air nonstop from Phoenix. Other carriers have earlier departures with connections through Seattle.

If you stay with the 1am arrival, probably best to book a hotel near the airport and spend the night since it is a long flight up here. Head down to Seward the next day.

Vancouver is a lovely city, and it's great that you'll spend time there post-cruise. However, you're flying a LONG way to get to Alaska, so I suggest seeing as much of it as you can before your ship sails. If it were me, I would fly to Anchorage on June 3rd - arriving at 1 a.m. on the 4th. Spend 2 nights in Anchorage (counting the 1 a.m. arrival as the first night), then take the early morning train to Seward on June 5th. You'll have time for a Kenai Fjords glacier cruise or to see some of Seward before your ship sails. You'll have a whole week on the ship, so I wouldn't be in a hurry to board the ship at 1 p.m.

Archived