Forward balcony on Zuiderdam

mattR

We were in cabin 5003 on the verandah deck on the Westerdam last month in Europe, the 2nd cabin from the front with a small verandah for the cabin only. However, at the end of the hallway facing forward is a big metal door that was sometimes closed, but opened with a twist of the door handle and led to a nice vantage point and large deck area overlooking the entire front of the ship with wonderful views forward and to either side. There are no chairs or lounges here but you can stand at the railing and get fabulous views on entering ports, or passing scenic areas. Very few people seemed to know about this nice deck space. The door to it was open every time I tried it, but may be closed or locked at times in bad weather, I suspect. Although I didn't check this, I suspect also that there are similar forward deck spaces on higher decks too. Lots of quiet areas about this large ship, and I liked the bright decor too. Jim

Glad to hear it I always seem to like loking forward better then back so will be nice to have somewhere to look forward:) I guess I will have to go down one deck as I am on the Navigation deck and I'm sure the doors forward on this deck are locked :)

Archived