Opera at Mariinsky Theatre, Russia?

I hear a lot about the ballet, but has anyone ever heard of being able to go to an Opera while in St. Petersburg? We are taking Princess cruises and are looking to go from either a private tour through Anastasia or through the cruiseline.

At the Mariinsky Theatre during the peak tourist time of summer, they rotate between opera one night and ballet the next night. You'll have to hit your timing right to fit your needs and interests for that one night when you are there. Generally they don't have the program finalized until about a month or so ahead of the time when you visit.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

There is a production of La Traviata on at the Mikhailovsky Classical Ballet & Opera Theatre. If you have a look at www.mariinsky.com there is a link to what's on at the theatres in St Petersburg.

That website you suggested is actually a commercial ticket seller. If you want to reach that great theatre directly, this is their website.

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en

Before buying tickets through that one commercial site, I would want some added independent verification that they are credible and really deliver what they promise promised.

Below is a picture I snapped from our van of that great historic theatre. THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

1C-StP-MarTh.jpg.8be05c000c347f8d803d72671bfabeb5.jpg

Archived