Nice hotel Day Pass in Cayman?

cruzy-sue

I believe the only hotel that does that is the Cayman Beach Suites. The Marriott used to but I read on this site that they no longer do. If you don't need a pool you can go to the Reef Grill/Royal Palms or SeaGrape beach. These both offer rental chairs and umbrellas, free bathrooms and showers, and food and drink for purchase. The website for the Reef Grill/Royal Palms is http://www.reefgrill.com if you want to take a look at their webcams to get an idea of what their beach is like.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Here is some info I received the other day. Hope it helps.

Thank you for your interest in the Westin Grand Cayman. We offer a day use room which will be 50% off our regular rates on the Islandview, Oceanview and Oceanfront room category. a maximum of 4 people are allowed in one room. I attached the rate sheet for you to review.

Please let me know if I may further assist you.

Regards,

Nathalie Khouri-Taghriny Reservation Manager

westin casuarina resort and spa grand cayman

30620 seven mile beach grand cayman, cayman islands b.w.i

tel 345-945-3800 ext 6016 fax 345-949-5825

The email I used was... Reservations@westin-cayman.com

Here are the regular prices. You would pay half of these.

Dec 12, 2008-Jan 1, 2009 Jan.2-19, 2009 Jan 20-Apr 19, 2009 Apr 20-Aug 1, 2009 Aug 2-Oct 20, 2009 Oct 21-Dec 11, 2009

ISLANDVIEW 439 329 399 361 288 398

OCEANVIEW 545 399 459 442 331 486

OCEANFRONT 659 499 550 529 410 582

DELUXE OF 824 608 699 561 488 617

Personally, I'm not sure if having a room for the day and a pool is worth the added expense. Beach access is free, and sections of Seven Mile Beach such as Royal Palms and Sea Grape have chair/umbrella rentals, free restrooms and showers, etc. You'd still have the same taxi fare, whether you went with the hotel day pass or someplace else.

You might want to do the math, and add up your potential costs for chairs ($5 each usually) and umbrellas (I think those are $10 or $15 usually) and see what works out better for your particular group.

I figure with tax it would be 200 for us for the day pass. I would only do this if I could get another couple to go in on it with me. I do not mind paying 100 total for an excursion. Anything over that I will not pay. The place does look beautiful.

I may go post this over on the roll call thread and see if anyone else wants to go.

I would only do this if I could get another couple to go in on it with me. I do not mind paying 100 total for an excursion. Anything over that I will not pay. The place does look beautiful.

Just keep in mind that for two people, each getting a chair and umbrella, and using the free facilities at Royal Palms or Sea Grape, it would be only $40-50 for pretty much the same experience. The only "extras" are the room and pool...the beach is the exact same beach. :)

And Cayman isn't like some other islands, where you need to be "protected" from beach vendors and undesirables by staying in a hotel's roped off section of beach. It's perfectly safe, there are no vendors and the only undesirables will be those same unsupervised kids that were running amok in the buffet on your ship the night before... :D

Archived