Celebrity Constellation Items

parody

Realizing that folks like/dislike different things in a cruise, but everyone likes more information, here is a list of items that I have assembled from a recent cruise on the Constellation.

1. The email address that they provide you for the cruise is quite convenient. Generally, a message light is placed on your stateroom phone to indicate that an email for you has arrived. (Thus, no need to check Outlook periodically.) You can very easily read and/or send emails for $2 each. There is no need to go on the Internet, but if you do, the charge is $0.75 per minute unless you have a volume plan. (As a caveat, this didn’t work for 1 email, but for all I know, this could be a rare occurrence.)
2. There is a movie theater on board that shows 3 movies each day. The movies tend to replay throughout the cruise in different order. However, it is not possible to get a list of movies that will play on later days throughout the cruise. That is, they only announce what will be playing one day at a time.
3. Because of having the space for a movie theater, there is not a second large room to compliment the main Celebrity Theater. Thus the large shows/entertainment focus on many singing/dancing shows throughout the cruise.
4. Like most cruises, there is an omelet bar for breakfast. However, its location is not immediately obvious, so ask if you so desire.
5. The TV choices are sparse. I did miss the real-time weather channel on Princess that gives outside temperature, sea temperature, wind speed, wind direction, and height of swells. For $8.99 one can receive in room movies. Although The Movie Channel is one of the listings, spots were frequently included to advertise/tout the in-room movies. Also, since there is no easily available “TV Guide”, it’s difficult to find out what is/will be on TMC.
6. Many of the CC staterooms on Deck 9 have a balcony with a rather large overhang. This can keep out the rain, but also the sun. If you want an idea of what it looks like, go to [url="http://community.webshots.com/photo/101128602/101128893SxrnEf"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/101128602/101128893SxrnEf[/url]
7. By design, there are very few announcements over the PA. As a tradeoff for this quietness, be mindful of your own time.
8. Unlike some vessels, the atrium is only 2-3 stories.
9. Cruise photography is not omnipresent. Regular sized prints sell for $9.95.

Could you elaborate on the Email? Is this the case with the Infinity as well? How does one go about sending an email without paying the Internet fee of 75 cents per minute and where do you do it? Thanks

Dawn,Ct.

Dawn - I can't answer about Infinity, but I can for Constellation. The computers are on Deck 4, right by the top of the stairs in the Atrium. They have Microsoft Outlook, where you sign in with a password (they'll help you the first time). Using this is like using Microsoft Word; you can take as much time reading e-mails sent to you on the ship or writing ones to send out. Once you are ready, you can send it which has the $2 fee. Like it mentioned above, you are notified in your room on your phone (blinking light) if you have e-mail. Now, if you want to check your home account (AOL, etc.) you do have to sign on at the $.75/minute. The other advice they give you: make sure you type in the e-mail address you're sending to exactly right and double check it before you send it, because if it's returned as "undeliveralbe" you have still been charged the $2.
Hope this helps!

Constellation - 2/04
NCL Dream - 2/00
NCL Dreamward - 2/96

If you are going to use the cruise ship email system, just remember to let people know that your email address (just for the length of the cruise) will be what Celebrity provides you -- typically, something like (your name)@(your ship).CelebrityAtSea.com

While Hotmail may be a good, portable email address to have in general, I don't believe it is a good choice on a cruise where connecting to the Internet costs $0.75 per minute. Plus, you would lose the very attractive feature of being alerted by your stateroom phone that an email message for you has been received.

Hello all,

I read where it was mentioned that Internet access is .75/minute, but there is also a volume plan available. Can someone tell me how much the volume plan is?

thanks,

Patty-hatsoff to you!

Here's an answer to the last 2 questions.

dcruisers--Unfortunately, there is not miniature golf on the Constellation. They role out a very simple/basic putting strip for the putting contests. There is an onboard golf simulator, however.

hatsoff-- volume discount packages for using the Internet are as follows:
-100 minutes at $0.70/minute
-200 minutes at $0.60/minute
-500 minutes at $0.50/minute
-Additional minutes will continue to be charged at the package discount rate.

To be more precise for sending/receiving emails to your shipboard address, it is $2 per message sent or received for the first 100 KB (~18 pages of text). For larger messages, a charge of $1 applies for each additional 100KB. Total message size cannot exceed 2 MB. Printing of messages is free.

Joe,

You'll have to excuse me, I'm new to this whole crusing thing. We leave on Connie on Saturday and can't wait. Thanks for the tip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoePDX:
alcar8165,

Deck 9 is the Sky Deck. Best indicator of number is the first digit of the cabin numbers on that deck.

Joe in Portland<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi parody,

Sorry for the delay in thanking you for the info--this was just what I was looking for!

Thanks again [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Patty

Hats off to you!

We're sailing on the Connie 5/8-22 (Baltic). Does anyone know if you can tet email access using your own MACINTOSH laptop from your stateroom or elsewhere on the ship -- and how that works/what it costs???

THANKS!
"Dr. FUN"
[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived