Help needed for Thomson Celebration please?

I have had a lot of quotes today for a cruise to the Canaries next month with Thomson Celebration. (some great deals too!)

We haven't cruises with Thomson before so a few questions:

1. What is the tipping situation?

2. Does anyone have any knowledge of restricted viewing from cabins?

3. What is the weather likely to be? (6th March)

4. Can you get a drinks package on board?

5. Can you take drinks on board?

6. Is there tea making facilities in cabin?

7. What is the children situation? Not sure whether to expect many on board?

8. Originally decided on an outside cabin, but have had some good quotes on deluxe. Any comments on these cabins please?

I have read all the other threads about food, entertainment, etc. But an idea of some of the above would be helpful

thanks in advance

Hope this helps a bit Scariness, We did the same cruise over the new year

I have had a lot of quotes today for a cruise to the Canaries next month with Thomson Celebration. (some great deals too!)

We haven't cruises with Thomson before so a few questions:

1. What is the tipping situation?

Tips are includes in the price you pay for your cruise anything that you feel you want to leave eg to waiters and cabin staff is up to the individual

2. Does anyone have any knowledge of restricted viewing from cabins?

Parents had a suite with restricted view, eg they had a lifeboat outside of their window. they never spent much time in the suite and said thay would of been hapy with the outside deck 4 cabins.

3. What is the weather likely to be? (6th March)

4. Can you get a drinks package on board?

I think that the drinks package has to be booked at the time of booking the holiday, i stand to be corrected on that though.

5. Can you take drinks on board?

They can stop you taking drinks onboard but have to give them back to you on day of departure according to a piece I read somewhere.

6. Is there tea making facilities in cabin?

There are no tea making facilities in the cabin, you just have to walk to the lido resturant and help yourselves

7. What is the children situation? Not sure whether to expect many on board?

We went over newyear and there were not very many children onboard at all.

8. Originally decided on an outside cabin, but have had some good quotes on deluxe. Any comments on these cabins please?

Suites are nice, but how long are you planning to be in the cabin apart from when you are sleeping?

I have read all the other threads about food, entertainment, etc. But an idea of some of the above would be helpful

thanks in advance

Hi, we are going on the Celebration this coming Friday so will try to answer some of your questions just from what I have gleaned from various sources.

Tipping. Apparently all tips are included so dont feel obliged to tip anyone,However I expect we shall probably leave something on the final day for Cabin stewards etc.

Drinks package.When we booked ,a package was available at £149.00 pp.With prices comparable to pub prices we decided not to bother as we are not huge drinkers.Drinks can be taken on board no problem so I expect we shall buy some duty frees to drink in our cabin.

Tea Making.I dont think there are any in the cabin so my wife went and bought a travel kettle,but have since found out that this is a big no no.Probably overloads the electrical system or something.

Temperature wise I should think it is likely to be in the low 20s in most of the places with the chance of the odd shower going on our own experiences of the Canaries and Morocco

Hope this helps.I will try and post a review when we return

We were told on Destiny that kettles or travel irons used in the cabins would activate the smoke detectors and send a signal to the bridge. You would then receive a call from the officer on duty asking what was going on! icon11.gif You could also receive a visit from the fire patrol. icon11.gif Best not, eh?!

Carol x

We've had de luxe cabins twice on Celebration which were excellent, spacious with fridge and bath with shower over.....try and choose forward of midships to avoid vibration from the stern!

Tea and coffee available 24/7 in Lido restaurant

Drinks package has to be booked before boarding and is only worth it if you drink alot/if you get it cheap....drinks on board are reasonable.

thanks for the very useful advice.

im finding it hard to find what is included in the drinks package???

even though we are only going for a week I usually have a large bottle of water per day to the cabin, some days a glass of wine each at lunch, then a couple each at dinner, a few cocktails, odd coffee, maybe after dinner drinks, etc etc (hey ho we are on hols!!!:D) but it all adds up. Any ideas where I can find out what is 'included' in drinks package?

ta

Not sure if thease links will work but I'll post them anyway

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cjdolan/back.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cjdolan/front.jpg

Don't think it's this years prices but will give you a idea of whats what, we do the drinks package, one less cost to worry about covering, hope the links help

Jay x

glass of house wine (quite nice) and cocktail of the day was what I had and cans of Coke, Fanta, and the like. Baileys was included last year but I think now there is a supplement to pay.

Bottled water you have to pay for but there is free drinking water from the machines by tea and coffee machines.

I can really reccomend the Magarita's on the celebration. I used to order mine with no salt or ice mind you. if you dont like ce or too much ice just ask when they take your order and ther is no worries about that.

On the link to the drinks Menu you will notice that some drinks have 2 prices beside them, if you are on the AI you only have to pay extra fro the drinks maked with 2 prices you have to pay the lower of the price. As mentioned before you have to pay for bottled water but i think in the new year it was about 85 pence for a large bottle

Archived