River tubing

New Cruiser 13

Was there much walking involved? DH doesn't have a lot of stamina.

There is not much walking involved to get from the bus to the start of the River Tubing excursion, however if you wish to go down to the Emerald Pool, it is about a 10-minute walk to get there.

The cost for the Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours was:

$47.00/adult

$35.00/teens

$25.00/child

The price has gone up slightly for adults. It is now:

$57.00/Adult

$35.00/Teens 12 - 17 yrs.

$25.00/Under 12 yrs.

I just received an email with the detailed info.

Did you have to pay for the river tubing tour up front when you booked with Antours or when they picked you up?

thanks

Pay up front. They use PayPal, but if you are like me and hate (with a vengence!) using PayPal, you can just send them your card details.

Simon

Has anyone done the tubing in Dominica in December? We're going to be there right before Christmas and I'm wondering about water temp and conditions in December on this trip. We're spoiled folks from Florida who think water temps under 80F are no fun ;). Thanks.

• 3 months later...

At post #12, I posted my review (with photos) of our River Tubing excursion with Antours. For those of you who wish to see more photos and video clips of our River Tubing experience (as well as Emerald Pool), I have completed a YouTube video. Details below:

Carnival Victory—Our Day in Dominica with Antours

Our second port stop took us to the lush, tropical island of Dominica. In this video, you will see our Port Excursion booked through Antours. We enjoyed the secluded beauty of the Emerald Pool and then went on a water adventure through a tropical rainforest--river tubing down the Layou River! Length 4:13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were there 3 weeks ago; river was running good. I thought it was going to be more of a lazy river type ride (like we had in Belize), but there are several areas of "rapids". They are not very long, and not so fast that you feel out of control; plus, the guides we had were very good about making sure you got through those parts safely. We all had a blast!

BTW, we went with Wacky Rollers. Combined trip of river tubing and canopy challenge booked through Shoretrips.

Archived