HAL in Alsaka an older crowd?

bucknbass

I'm going to book an Alaska cruise for our 20th anniversary. Have heard that at least for some other destinations HAL tends to be an older crowd. Is this true for Alaska too?

We too are going to Alaska this year for our 20th Anniversary. We are crusing on RCCL. Our first two Alaska cruises were on HAL as we heard they were one of the top cruise lines and we wanted to experience "traditional" cruising. We really enjoyed the cruises, but did find that the crowd tended toward the more mature generations, but there was certainly a mix where families were definitely onboard. We ultimately tried RCCL on our third and have found a broader range of ages on RCCL and have enjoyed cruising even more. I am by no means saying HAL is negative, we just found it TOO traditional enjoy the experience that RCCL more.

Good Luck and Happy 20th!!!

However, Alaska cruises are overall the same, middle aged and above the bulk, but all ages sail. The above demographics is for the Caribbean. I've sailed Carnival 3 times to Alaska, similar to all the other sailings I've done there, on 5 different lines, including HAL.

There is little point trying to figure this out. Your cruise can not be predicted. You may want to consider what you are going to Alaska for and look at booking based on that priority? :)

Archived