Review - Independence - 6 days - Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Royal Caribbean Program for infants/tots 6 month - 36 month olds.

They also had book and toy lending in place. You can pick up the schedule outside of Adventure Ocean. This is for babies and their parents, no dropping off programs yet (not till Oasis of the Seas)

IndyRoyalTotsBabies.jpg

Michelle, thank you for a wonderful review. Your girls are beautiful, it looks like you all had a fabulous time. We are Aft lovers and have been on both the FOS & LOS twice and all 4 times we had the Aft. We are on the IOS 3-1 & 3-7 b2b in the aft.

Thanks for all the informaton.

Thank you for all of your info! I keep sharing with my friends and we are so excited. Your girls are absolutely precious! :)

Any other drink deals besides the "drink of the day"? Bucket specials - ? :p

Yep of course, drink of the day. I think I have those too so if I do, I will type them up. I have to tell you, my hubby LOVED that beer bucket. He asked if he could keep the bucket. :rolleyes: (dork...lol). And the bartender said "sure, go ahead". So we came back to the cabin and it was gone. :p The cabin attendant took it back.

I told my hubby that the cabin attendant did me a favor because I had no idea how I was going to pack it anyway. ;)

The elusive bucket...

129.jpg

Michelle, do you have any info about the menus? They were posted for the Christmas cruise, but I'm curious what menu they are using now in place of Chritmas Day. That would be the 5th day. Any ideas?

Honestly I have no idea. Every night there was a seafood option. Every night there was a beef option. Every night there was a curry option. And every night there was a pasta option. And it all blended in from there. ;)

In the other collection, was there the night with "Linguini with Truffles, Sea Bass, Salmon, Duck, Sirloin, Eggplant"? I found one menu on webshots but its in French....lol.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2182411600046496353IoYDbv

Honestly I have no idea. Every night there was a seafood option. Every night there was a beef option. Every night there was a curry option. And every night there was a pasta option. And it all blended in from there. ;)

In the other collection, was there the night with "Linguini with Truffles, Sea Bass, Salmon, Duck, Sirloin, Eggplant"? I found one menu on webshots but its in French....lol.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2182411600046496353IoYDbv

Merci!

That was Day 2 as posted by the freeds. Maybe we will have to wait and be surprised!

Michele,

I leave on Independence on Sunday and I wanted to thank you for such a comprehensive, positive review. Too often people are way too negative and your tone is just right. I know it takes a lot time to write after you've returned, so everything is much appreciated.

This will be my second cruise on Royal Caribbean, my first one being last year, same week, on Adventure. It was such a blast, but I'm really looking forward to experiencing the Freedom Class. Hoping to book another on Liberty for next Feb break.

Really surprised about the wait at Johnny Rockets. Wait on the Adventure was not as long, but we tried going on port days for lunch. Hoping that works for us too.

Thanks again for everything, can't wait for more! :p

I was on AOS last March (maybe on same one?) and now on IOS on March 1st. See you there!

Donna

Thanks for the great review! I'm also leaving on the March 1 cruise.

Can anyone tell me if the ship changes time to match island time or does it stay one hour later then island time? Trying to plan my day in Belize and forgot that there might be a time difference.

Thanks for the great review! I'm also leaving on the March 1 cruise.

Can anyone tell me if the ship changes time to match island time or does it stay one hour later then island time? Trying to plan my day in Belize and forgot that there might be a time difference.

You and IstCruiser2008 are welcome to join our rollcall--see you there.:) Use link below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=736834

Michele fantastic review. I found it hard to leave indy when we returned on the 15th. Leaving her though was a nightmare, with having to make sure you had your tour guide and than they parade you through the ship which I have to say it torture. Then they place you in a big warehouse to find your luggage, next stand in line while there are only three agents to service over 3000 people.

The Captain asked us to stay on Ship time. And he reminded us often. :D

Michele fantastic review. I found it hard to leave indy when we returned on the 15th. Leaving her though was a nightmare, with having to make sure you had your tour guide and than they parade you through the ship which I have to say it torture. Then they place you in a big warehouse to find your luggage, next stand in line while there are only three agents to service over 3000 people.

Yes, just like Freedom, the debarkation was ridiculous. I was hoping it got better than it was back in 2007...but it didn't. Still the same. ;)

I counted agents this time though....we had 8 customes agents...which was better than the 4 we had for Freedom.

But the "new" debarkation was no better than the old debarkation. At least for me it wasn't.

Michele,

Loved your review and this thread. It has been very helpful. Sailing on Indy March 15th for spring break. We are going to have our own M&M and we are thinking of doing it prior to muster drill on the pool deck. Do you by chance remember what time the muster drill was at?

Thanks

Eric

We tried Johnny Rockets - ONE HOUR WAIT - Price is up to $4.95 per person. Coupons are in the books for any Crown/Anchor members. We ordered milk shakes which cost us $4.50 each. The rest of the food was included. The milk shakes were not worth $4.50. And I can honestly say that the food was not worth the one hour wait. I am glad we did it. But won't be doing it again.

332.jpg

I had suggested in another thread that the burger was the same as in the Windjammer and someone, who probably has never been to Johnny Rocket's bit my head off. On Freedom its a nice view, but without the C&A coupon I wouldn't go.

Photos - 8x10's - $19.99 each

Backgrounds set up all over the ship starting at 5:30pm

We did the ones on the Bridge

Cruise-Indy2-1.jpg

I may not cruise in 2010 because my daughter is getting married. Enjoy yours while they are still this age.

Michele,

Loved your review and this thread. It has been very helpful. Sailing on Indy March 15th for spring break. We are going to have our own M&M and we are thinking of doing it prior to muster drill on the pool deck. Do you by chance remember what time the muster drill was at?

Thanks

Eric

Yep, it was a 4:15 Muster Drill. We had our own M&M at the Main Sports Pool bar, starting at 3pm. We just met at the tables in front of that bar. We told everyone to wear "drink umbrella's" in their hair...lol. You would be amazed at the number of people who found us because of those umbrellas. :D

I had suggested in another thread that the burger was the same as in the Windjammer and someone, who probably has never been to Johnny Rocket's bit my head off. On Freedom its a nice view, but without the C&A coupon I wouldn't go.

It's a different burger because it's actually better at Windjammer. :D I won't wait that long again, that's for sure.

I may not cruise in 2010 because my daughter is getting married. Enjoy yours while they are still this age.

I do enjoy them. :D Congrats to your daughter.

Crussinmamma06, Loved your review. We will be on that cruise Mar 1. We are planning on going to Passion Island. Do you know what they charge for massages:)Thanks Sandy

I didn't get one but I have read from the reviews here that it was "$1/minute or less" for the massage.

If you try that out, you'll have to come back and tell us what the actual price is.

Thank you so much for your fabulous review!! The info you provided for before and on the cruise is amazing.

We are lucky enough to be on IOS back to back March 7-March 21. We decided that since it takes so long for us to fly down to FLL, we might as well 'enjoy' our time. We are also staying pre-cruise at Westin Diplomat. Thank you for the wonderful info about the amenities there.

Your girls are beautiful..perhaps we will meet on a cruise!!

Your review is thoroughly enjoyable to read Michele. Passion Island looks wonderful, hope I'll be able to remember it next time we make it to Cozumel. I just have one silly question that I just know must have a logical explaination or at least a good story behind it..........why is your daughter wearing two different shoes in the mini golf pictures?? :D:o:confused::p

Also, any news to report on your problem with Enterprise?

Thank you so much for your fabulous review!!!!

Thank you! Have a great cruise! I would have loved a b2b on that ship. Enjoy. :D

I just have one silly question that I just know must have a logical explaination or at least a good story behind it..........why is your daughter wearing two different shoes in the mini golf pictures?? :o:confused::p

Also, any news to report on your problem with Enterprise?

GOOD EYE!!!!!! :D The shoes are Black and Gold, the colors of the Steelers who were playing in the SuperBowl that night. She couldn't decide which color to wear so she thought I was the coolest mom in the world for suggesting she wear both...lol. {yep, little things amuse an 8 year old...lol}

And NO, Enterprise never responded. :mad: I sent that email to them on 2/12. You would think they would have responded by now?

Archived