What kind of cabin (upper, twins, etc) is best when traveling with a 21-month-old?

Sigyn

I'm trying to figure out what kind of cabin we should book on a cruise we'll be taking when our son is 21 months old. It's several months away, so I don't know the sleeping habits of a child that age. Is it reasonable to expect him to sleep with us, in two twins pushed together, or will he do better in his own bed? and if so, what are the options?

We'll be traveling on Carnival, if that makes a difference info wise.

Also, obviously an upper is out of the question, but if we get a room that has an upper, can we leave it folded up and still have plenty of floor space for a rollaway or crib?

What have you guys done? Any tips or suggestions when booking? Thanks!

If he sleeps alone at home, have him sleep in his own bed on the ship! They can provide cribs or packnplays, if you want one.

Some cabins have pullman beds, but for a small child, I'd be more comfortable with a sleep sofa or something down low.

The pullman can be left up, if you don't need it. Your room attendant will take care of that for you.

We were on the Carnival Triumph in January with my 2 year old and a baby. We brought a Pack N Play for the baby, but they have cribs available. There was a little couch in our room and our steward pushed it up to the bed like a cosleeper. He made a bed out of it, and she loved it. It was perfect and i would recommend doing that.

Archived