Can't decide...HELP!

beachbum6264

OK, which one???

Legend western (Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan) or Glory eastern (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maartin).

Been to all ports except Roatan....

Been on the Glory, loved it.

Favorite ports... Belize and St. Maartin

Least favorite port.... Nassau (lived there, grandmother passed away, only reason to go would be tend to father's and grandmother's graves) - but I could get a good spa deal that day, too!

So.... ????

Any thoughts on the ships themselves? How is the layout of the Legend? I remember having a hard time finding the dining room on the Glory (OK, the DOD may have been part of the reason :D)

HELP!!!

Try the Legend! I am a big fan of spirit class, like Legend. I loved 2 of her sister ships that have the exact same layout.....Pride and Miracle.

Spirit class are so easy to find your way around. You can go all the way through from front to back of the ship on every deck. No need to go up to deck 5 to get around the dining room like you do on Conquest class (like Glory).

I love the pool layout on Spirit class too. Instead of the tiered seating, it is all one flat deck. The Aft pool is all flat too, and you can walk from the pool over to the open rail and look out to sea. On Conquest class you have to go up one deck from the pool to get to the open rail.

Spirit class had a less crowded feeling to me.

One thing to note: Legend (and all spirit class) does not have the big outdoor movie screen by the pool like the Conquest class does. I actually prefer that. We never watched a movie, and I thought it was kind of annoying during the day when they were playing music videos that I didn't really like. The other thing spirit class doesn't have is the fish and chips. Since I don't like fish.......no big! :D

Thanks for all the replies... looks like the Legend is the fav so far!

DH is still thinking, he's leaning toward the eastern because we've done the western route several times. I'm leaning toward the Legend, more ports, better snorkeling, and no Nassau.

Legend is a bit cheaper, too, for the time we can go (which is prime hurricane season, btw :eek:, so I never count on going where I think I'm going!!!!!)

Wow, tough call. I've been on both itineraries. Except we went on Miracle instead of Legend and we went to Costa Maya instead of Roatan. But those were my two favorite cruises. Glory east and Miracle west. We're doing the Legend west in September. Either choice is good.

I have been on both ships and REALLY preferred the Legend (she's my favorite ship, so far). Glory was very crowded, with long lines everywhere which made passengers grumpy and rude. Legend was relaxed, open and none of that go to the middle of the ship, go up one deck, go to the rear of the ship, go down one deck, etc... just to eat! Lots of shade, plenty of deck chairs, the best food! and many very private areas. If your interested in balconies on this ship, towards the aft on deck 5,6,7 and 8 are OMG!!!:eek: balconies - bigger than suites for less $. We had 6232 and it actually had an echo. Look on the deck plans. The balconies that look much bigger really are! But don't book the handicap accessible next door as you could be bumped if it is needed! Also, you're next door to the ice room in case you brought your own beverages! Enjoy! I would go Legend and 4 great ports vs. Glory and 2 great ports with Nassau (ho-hum).

Archived