SAS Transportation-Good value not so good communication....

clerky96

We just got back on Friday and we used SAS transportation service. When we arrived at FLL on Sunday, I received a call from the driver as soon as I turned on my cellphone. We had to wait no more than 15 min for him to arrive. Good service.

Return to FLL did not go quite so well. When it was time for us to disembark, there was quite a long wait. Once the ship called for self disembark and a couple of other colors, they called all remaining colors at the same time. The driver, Larry, called 2 or 3 times while we were in this slow moving line. He kept telling me to "call when you have your luggage, go outside, turn left, walk to and stand in front of Terminal B". I called him a couple of times after we got our luggage, and then, after standing outside for awhile, to make sure we standing in the right place. He never once mentioned that he had already left the port and it would be awhile before he returned. We stood outside in the cold (50) wind for about 20-30 minutes. At this point we were seriously considering finding another way to FLL, when another SAS driver, Frank, called to make sure we had been picked up. He was actually at the port and walked over and got us. We sat in the van and waited while the driver walked to get another couple who were also still waiting. All total we probably waited about an hour or so before our shuttle left the port. It was not a problem because we had a later flight, but would just have liked to have known the first driver had left and that it would be awhile before he came back. We would have waited inside instead of out in the cold. Thank goodness Frank called to check on us.

SAS should instruct you to try to get the first disembarkation color tags and get off of the ship as quickly as possible. I realize Larry probably had other riders who needed to get to the airport, but he should have told us that instead of leaving us standing out in the cold.

We just got back on Friday and we used SAS transportation service. When we arrived at FLL on Sunday, I received a call from the driver as soon as I turned on my cellphone. We had to wait no more than 15 min for him to arrive. Good service.

Return to FLL did not go quite so well. When it was time for us to disembark, there was quite a long wait. Once the ship called for self disembark and a couple of other colors, they called all remaining colors at the same time. The driver, Larry, called 2 or 3 times while we were in this slow moving line. He kept telling me to "call when you have your luggage, go outside, turn left, walk to and stand in front of Terminal B". I called him a couple of times after we got our luggage, and then, after standing outside for awhile, to make sure we standing in the right place. He never once mentioned that he had already left the port and it would be awhile before he returned. We stood outside in the cold (50) wind for about 20-30 minutes. At this point we were seriously considering finding another way to FLL, when another SAS driver, Frank, called to make sure we had been picked up. He was actually at the port and walked over and got us. We sat in the van and waited while the driver walked to get another couple who were also still waiting. All total we probably waited about an hour or so before our shuttle left the port. It was not a problem because we had a later flight, but would just have liked to have known the first driver had left and that it would be awhile before he came back. We would have waited inside instead of out in the cold. Thank goodness Frank called to check on us.

SAS should instruct you to try to get the first disembarkation color tags and get off of the ship as quickly as possible. I realize Larry probably had other riders who needed to get to the airport, but he should have told us that instead of leaving us standing out in the cold.

WOW...sounds like a bit of miscommunication for sure:eek:

I am using them from the airport to my hotel the day before

my sailing....I hope I don't end up waiting 1 hour before he

gets to the airport:)

Archived