Ventura Bashing

stopgo

Could it be that lowering people's expectations is a good thing? They are less likely to be disappointed and most probably have a wonderful cruise.

Just the humble opinion of an ageing fool.

Well you said it:D

There is no need to lower anyone's expectations. Having been on Arcadia, Oriana and Ventura over the past 8 months I can tell you there is little difference in the experience one gets.

The staff, accommodation, food, entertainment are much the same each ship has its own 'thing' but all shout out P&O.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Well you said it:D

There is no need to lower anyone's expectations. Having been on Arcadia, Oriana and Ventura over the past 8 months I can tell you there is little difference in the experience one gets.

The staff, accommodation, food, entertainment are much the same each ship has its own 'thing' but all shout out P&O.

Dai

Dai

Far be it for an ageing fool to contradict you Dai, BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND I IN MY OPINION

all the ships are not the same, and for that reason WE will never cruise again on Arcadia.

However, that is just our take on the situation and I fully expect others to have differing viewpoints which are no more nor no less valid than mine.

I would never be so arrogant as to claim that I was the font of all knowledge.

Regards

Cb

Dai

Far be it for an ageing fool to contradict you Dai, BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND I IN MY OPINION

all the ships are not the same, and for that reason WE will never cruise again on Arcadia.

However, that is just our take on the situation and I fully expect others to have differing viewpoints which are no more nor no less valid than mine.

Regards

Cb

I did not say they were the same, quite the opposite. There are differences and I for one enjoy that fact.

However, there are the things which are constant, things which make the cruise a P&O cruise. As I said before "The staff, accommodation, food, entertainment are much the same on each ship" One could add, embarkation, disembarketion, ships tours, ships photos, Captains party, portunus party, shops, goods on sale in shops, drinks, coffee's etc.

The ships themselves are different, the layout, the public rooms and the size.

But on any of the fleet you know you are on a P&O cruise.

Dai

Hello again Dai

Not wishing to be a pedant but as you did say "there is little difference in the experience one gets"

I would respectfully suggest there is a great difference in what one experiences on a child free ship, say to that on Ventura in the middle of summer.

Regards

Cb

Dai

Regards

Cb

Wow, maybe I should start an Arcadia bashing thread

Hello again Dai

Not wishing to be a pedant but as you did say "there is little difference in the experience one gets"

I would respectfully suggest there is a great difference in what one experiences on a child free ship, say to that on Ventura in the middle of summer.

Regards

Cb

Ahhhhhhhh you have me there, we only had 63 children, in total on Ventura. However most of our early cruises have been on child friendly ships in the school holidays. Not much choice being a teacher.

Perhaps, because of my job, I am not as concerned with children around me. I can honestly say that they have not affected my cruising apart from the boy who was running in the corridor on Aurora near Cafe Bordeaux. He must have recognised the tone, for on the instruction "walk" he stopped and did just that. Brings back happy memories.:rolleyes:

........... No, I have strayed off into fantasyland now:eek:

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

When did you sail on the Arcadia Cruisebore ? I don't want to discuss the Arcadia on a Ventura thread, but if you could point me to your review or where most of your coments are I would be interested.

Stopgo

It was J628 Arcadia 01 Dec 06

New Orleans to Barbados

As far as comments reviews etc. I would rather forget it.

Regards

Cb

Dai, I think what you meant was that there is little difference to you. To me they are worlds (and classes) apart. You cannot tell anyone there is little difference, like the rest of us you can only simply offer your opinion and how YOU find it.

And of course these differing views is what makes the world go round!

Cheers

Gerry

Dai, I think what you meant was that there is little difference to you. To me they are worlds (and classes) apart. You cannot tell anyone there is little difference, like the rest of us you can only simply offer your opinion and how YOU find it.

Cheers

Gerry

Yes I can.

And I did

"I can tell you there is little difference in the experience one gets."

I don't remember saying that this was a definitive answer.

I implied that in the 3 cruises I had, this is what I found.

Dai

Yes I can.

And I did

I implied that in the 3 cruises I had, this is what I found.

Dai

I thought as much Dai, oh well, you must know what you are talking about and those who disagree must be blind or something.

There is a word for your response but I shall leave it there.

I thought as much Dai, oh well, you must know what you are talking about and those who disagree must be blind or something.

There is a word for your response but I shall leave it there.

Clearly you have difficulty with reading to understand.

I said

I implied that in the 3 cruises I had, this is what I found."

What I had found, no one else, Me.

Do I have to add the word opinion just to please you.

Dai

Goodness me! you P&O Public Relations Executives certainly get around.

Regards

Cb

Dear Cb

Well some ******** got my pay then.:mad:

Now that is a job I could do.

Can I get a reference from you:D

Dai

I said

Dai

I don't usually have much difficulty with reading, but this looks rather similar to a definitive answer to me, and may be a little confusing to newcomers. I rather gather from other regular P&O cruisers that there is quite a bit of difference between the P&O ships, and thus the experience, in quite a few important (to some) areas.

Dai, in your opinion, how does P&O compare to other lines operating from the UK?

Mary:)

Dear Cb

Well some ******** got my pay then.:mad:

Now that is a job I could do.

Can I get a reference from you:D

Dai

Come on Dai

Own up we have sussed you out. Teacher indeed!

Regards

Cb

I don't usually have much difficulty with reading, but this looks rather similar to a definitive answer to me, and may be a little confusing to newcomers. I rather gather from other regular P&O cruisers that there is quite a bit of difference between the P&O ships, and thus the experience, in quite a few important (to some) areas.

Dai, in your opinion, how does P&O compare to other lines operating from the UK?

Hi Mary,

I cannot answer your question as I have not been on other lines.

However, from my reading of other sites, talking to other cruisers, reading reviews I would say that if you intend to enjoy your cruise and go with an open mind you will have a wonderful holiday, with which ever cruise ship you go with.

In all my readings etc I have not come across any problem with a ship which would put me off. I have heard good things about all ships. For example. I have never heard a single complaint about a Thompsons ship for its food.

At the moment I would not contemplate a ship using euros or $'s because of the exchange rate. This I think would make the extras expensive.

Dai

Hi Mary,

I cannot answer your question as I have not been on other lines.

However, from my reading of other sites, talking to other cruisers, reading reviews I would say that if you intend to enjoy your cruise and go with an open mind you will have a wonderful holiday, with which ever cruise ship you go with.

In all my readings etc I have not come across any problem with a ship which would put me off. I have heard good things about all ships. For example. I have never heard a single complaint about a Thompsons ship for its food.

At the moment I would not contemplate a ship using euros or $'s because of the exchange rate. This I think would make the extras expensive.

I think this is so true,

We cruised last year on Norweigan Jade and had read loads of horror stories before we sailed ranging from the grimaces rather than wide smiles that the passengers received from the person changing their linen to the nickel and diming which absolutely ruined some peoples holidays.

I remember one woman complaining loudly on the little tender boat we were on that the chocolate in the chocolate buffet the night before, certainly hadn't been Swiss or Belgian. It was laughable :rolleyes:

We went with a completely open mind and you know what...shock horror...we had a tremendous holiday.

True there were elements which we could have changed but I can't think of one holiday I've ever been on where everything was perfect, near perfect maybe, but not perfect.

This year, it's like deja vu. we've booked Ventura at a hefty £5 and a half k just for an outside cabin (2+2) and here come all the horror stories again.

They really make me smile when I read them.

Do people go with the mental attitude of wanting things not to be right?

Well, for the amount of money I've paid I'm going to make damn sure I have an amazing holiday.

And if my elbow brushes someone on a sun bed, I won't recoil in horror and if the entertainment doesn't reflect a West End 5 star production...guess what...I'm going to sit it out till the end and enjoy every minute and if I have to wait 20 minutes for a free table for dinner...well blow me! I'll go and get a cocktail.

For all you people who make ever so amusing snide remarks on these sort of boards...guess what...

nah nah nah nah nah

153914524_40b1d7c3cc.jpg?v=0

If I could give an award for the best post on this site it would go to you Kdee. That's the message we want to give to the small minority who carp and moan and complain at the slightest thing. Their stock in trade are pithy one liners and throwaway put downs, thanks for putting them in their place.

If I could give an award for the best post on this site it would go to you Kdee. That's the message we want to give to the small minority who carp and moan and complain at the slightest thing. Their stock in trade are pithy one liners and throwaway put downs, thanks for putting them in their place.

Tell yer what Stopgo, those with the pithy one liners will most certainly be entertaining.

Regards

Cb

Oh yes I so fully agree.

But then again you know that.:D

kdee69 says:-

"They really make me smile when I read them.

Do people go with the mental attitude of wanting things not to be right?"

Ohh Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss they do.:mad:

:eek:

BTW Did I mention that our whole cruise on Ventura was spoiled when two girls, on a nearby table at dinner, played 'pat a cake', after the main course.

Naturally I immediately wrote to P&O demanding compensation for a ruined holiday, I await their reply.

Dai

Thank you Mary, exactly.

I said

I implied that in the 3 cruises I had, this is what I found."

What I had found, no one else, Me.

Do I have to add the word opinion just to please you.

Dai

Dai, I don't think your rude reply was warranted.

Gerry.

Can we bury this one.

You said

"Dai, I think what you meant was that there is little difference to you. To me they are worlds (and classes) apart. You cannot tell anyone there is little difference, like the rest of us you can only simply offer your opinion and how YOU find it.

Cheers

Gerry

This was in reply to me saying this

"There is no need to lower anyone's expectations. Having been on Arcadia, Oriana and Ventura over the past 8 months I can tell you there is little difference in the experience one gets."

Clearly this is my opinion, I have said so. I did not say It is general knowledge or everyone says so.

Therefore if you have a go at me for something I have not done eg claim I am speaking for anyone else then I have every right to point out your mistake.

Dai

Does anybody know why this is such a popular pastime on C/C. It seems to give enjoyment to certain members to launch broadsides at the good ship Ventura at every opportunity. I must say I find it totally mystifying as to why they feel the need to have a go at any positive post on the Ventura. This is even more bizarre when you consider that two of the more vociferous critics have yet to sail on her.

Anyway, back to the original question. Mrs. StopGo, I cannot see this anywhere, as per my previous request, can you point me to some examples?

Cheers

Gerry

Archived