SENSATION back in Pt. Canaveral - Balcony Photos

Tom-n-Cheryl

Well not sure how else they could add balconies to these ships without moving the lifeboats around...but it's definitely worth the ugliness to have the balcony option :)

Different question...why did they scrub out the name on the bow? Just touching it up?:confused:

Well not sure how else they could add balconies to these ships without moving the lifeboats around...but it's definitely worth the ugliness to have the balcony option :)

Different question...why did they scrub out the name on the bow? Just touching it up?:confused:

That area on the port side was completed (CARNIVAL SENSATION) - I suppose they just did not have time to take care of this side. I doubt they will run it around too long like that!

Tom

It would appear that they turned the webcam at Pt. Canaveral, you can now see the Sensation --- now the question - what time will she actually leave today? !

My guess is 6 PM (she is supposed to leave at 4).

Any others?? :)

http://portcanaveral.org/webcam.htm

Tom

Thanks so much for the pics, Tom! You are da man!!! And good God, is that not the ugliest thing since Linda Blair got infected with Satan. ICK!!!

I know that in the end it's all about the $$, But it's to bad that Carnival could not budget in a couple extra weeks during the refurb so when they brought "Sensation" back and have the first customers sail on her she looks as new and nice as possible.:rolleyes: As I said, I know it's about the bottom line here but there is NOOOOOO doubt that some people are not going to be happy with the condition of the ship if they are sailing today. If memory serves right I do believe that "Inspiration" and "Imagination" were both down for a month also for refurb and "EOF" as well and came back to their ports with still work to do. Carnival HAD TO KNOW that adding the Balcony's were just going to take that much more time in the end ? :rolleyes: As far as everyone thinking it's ugly ? I'll take an ugly ship with Balcony's over a sleek looking ship with only windows ANY DAY ! :D JMHO..

Tom, another cruisecritic thanking you for your pictures:). I have one of the new SS cabins. I couldn't really determine where one balcony ends and where the next one begins. Have to wait to see those partions up. I agree with the general consensus that it has no flow. It looks ugly. Why couldn't Carnival just add glass balconies to the entire deck? But I'm glad they added the water slide.

I know that in the end it's all about the $$, But it's to bad that Carnival could not budget in a couple extra weeks during the refurb so when they brought "Sensation" back and have the first customers sail on her she looks as new and nice as possible.:rolleyes: As I said, I know it's about the bottom line here but there is NOOOOOO doubt that some people are not going to be happy with the condition of the ship if they are sailing today. If memory serves right I do believe that "Inspiration" and "Imagination" were both down for a month also for refurb and "EOF" as well and came back to their ports with still work to do. Carnival HAD TO KNOW that adding the Balcony's were just going to take that much more time in the end ? :rolleyes: As far as everyone thinking it's ugly ? I'll take an ugly ship with Balcony's over a sleek looking ship with only windows ANY DAY ! :D JMHO..

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love balconies too! But man, did this muck up the appearance of what was a sleek, well proportioned ship!!! The aft balconies are not that bad but the sides look horrible now, IMHO. To me it would be like someone who wanted an extra nose and they stuck it on the shoulder or something. Sticking beside an existing nose sort of equates to the aft balconies, IMHO, but the side balconies just look so, "Well, lets just stick them, hmmm, lets see, well, hmmmm, here? No, here. No, that's no good. OK, here." I hate the new look of the sides, but that's just MHO. Personally, I think she's going to be the red-headed step child of the fleet now (no offense to red headed step children). We'll see.

While I like the Fantasy class ships for their size and well arranged public areas, I never thought they we particularly pretty ships from the dock. But WOW, Sensation is now just plain hideous, I'd say the ugliest cruise ship out there by a long-shot! It's like they sat down and said "we need to add balconies for profit, and they ain't going to look good no matter what, but let's go the extra step and make sure they are as terrible looking as possible."

As someone else pointed out the balconies could only be added where there were no lifeboats above which is how the midship baconies ended up where they did. However, if they just mirrored the shape of the pool deck/promanade overhang above and continued the shape of the balconies all the way up (giving two outdoor areas off the mid-ship dining room or better still, expanding the dinning room with encloded bays either side) the addition would look more like a "bump out" instead of a squared off pimple!

I don't know, maybe it will look better when it's painted!

. . . now the question - what time will she actually leave today? !

My guess is 6 PM (she is supposed to leave at 4).

Any others?? :)

Your timing guess is very close to what took place in Tampa with the "newly semi-incomplete partially refurbished" Carnival Inspiration. What became the initial frustration for those passengers was not having access to the indoor waiting area. People were standing on the sidewalks (or shopping/eating @ Channelside) with the carry-on for a much longer period of time than they were expecting.

Archived