Century pool w/ nervous mother who can't swim

brenderlou

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if the pool is deep from end to end or if there is some sort of shallow area or lip to sit in to cool off? We are traveling with my 77 yr old mother who can't swim and is use to the Royal Carribean pools that have a shallow area around the edge of the pool that you can wade in or sit in and the water comes to your waist

She is afraid of a pool with no shallow end so going in even with a ladder will make her very nervous.....

If there is no shallow end is there a kids pool or just the main pool?

Thanks

Hi there. I can swim, but always like to have a pool where I can touch bottom. The Century has two outdoor pools,,,I swam in the one nearest the hot tubs. It was over my head the minute I was off the ladder,,,so approx 5 ft 8 inches,,,going to just over 6 feet.

I am sorry that I did not look in the other pool,,I know there are ladders going into it as well,,,but I am unsure how deep it was. Maybe someone else on the board will comment on the pool depth. It was the pool closest to the stage .

Have a wonderful trip.

The second pool is about 4 feet deep. It was also the warmer of the two pools when we sailed on Century in December. And there are always the hot tubs. They varied in their temps--some being nice and warm and others just lukewarm. I like them without the jets going some of the time.

Are these the two pools that are right next to each other that looks like they are seperated by a walk way? One is deeper than the other?

If so that will make my mother VERY happy!!!!!

Is the shallower one accessible only by a ladder or by chance are there stairs?

Thanks again

Well, I just learned something. Century was our first cruise, and I thought that I had gotten into both pools, and that both of them were deep i.e. over 6 '. .

The mystery continues :confused:!!! Does anyone know for sure if the 2 pools are the same depth or if one is shallower than the other?

Archived