DAWNing of a new thread... or Breakfast at Aqua on the Dawn.....

Pianoman6582

The last time my GF and I were on the Dawn, BA (That's Balcony Rooms) and above could eat breakfast and lunch at Aqua (the blue main dining room). Does anyone know if this is still the case? Is this yet another casualty of "Freestyle 2.0?" :eek:

"No, sir. We know you enjoyed breakfast at Aqua. That's why we elliminated it when Freestyle 2.0 went into effect.":D:rolleyes:

And I thank you.

JWK: Wondering if you can still whatever at Aqua

The last time my GF and I were on the Dawn, BA (That's Balcony Rooms) and above could eat breakfast and lunch at Aqua (the blue main dining room). Does anyone know if this is still the case? Is this yet another casualty of "Freestyle 2.0?" :eek:

"No, sir. We know you enjoyed breakfast at Aqua. That's why we elliminated it when Freestyle 2.0 went into effect.":D:rolleyes:

And I thank you.

JWK: Wondering if you can still whatever at Aqua

Last I heard breakfast in Aqua for BA's and up is still available!:D

we had a mini and got nothing special. No restaurant to eat Breakfast & Lunch in since that was for true suite guests, not deluxe balcony that is the real name for the mini.

We only got 48 hour access to specialty restaurant reservations via the phone. The so called fruit basket is a cereal bowl with a piece of each fruit you chose for each person in the stateroom.

Same with Jewel last November too.

we had a mini and got nothing special. No restaurant to eat Breakfast & Lunch in since that was for true suite guests, not deluxe balcony that is the real name for the mini.

We only got 48 hour access to specialty restaurant reservations via the phone. The so called fruit basket is a cereal bowl with a piece of each fruit you chose for each person in the stateroom.

Same with Jewel last November too.

We also sailed in April and everything was not yet in place for Freestyle 2.0. I think it was all in place by June 1, though. Maybe they didn't tell you the perks for the November sailing?

How do they know at the door to Aqua if you're in a Balcony or above since your cabin # is not on the sea pass card? Do they just have a list of all the qualifying cabins and you walk up and say, "I'm in cabin 10000"?

Yes, Aqua was open to balcony and above for breakfast

We were in a BB and found out that it was open when I overheard someone in the elevator talking about it.

It was nice, but Venetian was nice too. The only difference was that Aqua had a small buffet set up with pastries and fruits and yogurts.

In Venetian you could order the same stuff off the menu

I must say that i was impressed with the improvements on the ship overall since my last sailing.

They ask you your cabin number when you go to Aqua for breakfast

In October there was a small postcard sized card in our mini informing us we could eat breakfast at Aqua and what the hours were. They have a list (I think) but also a "purple" key card tells them you are in a balcony or minisuite.

I was just on the Pearl and was originally booked in a Mini Suite. They do not have the option for an alternate breakfast restaurant for the Balcony and Mini Suite Passengers like the Dawn does. Honestly I have only heard of the alternate restaurant for passengers on the Dawn.

Maybe they are trying it out before they bring it to the other ships?

Yes, Aqua was open to balcony and above for breakfast

We were in a BB and found out that it was open when I overheard someone in the elevator talking about it.

It was nice, but Venetian was nice too. The only difference was that Aqua had a small buffet set up with pastries and fruits and yogurts.

In Venetian you could order the same stuff off the menu

I must say that i was impressed with the improvements on the ship overall since my last sailing.

They ask you your cabin number when you go to Aqua for breakfast

Just off the Dawn last Saturday 2/14, so I can confirm this post 100%.

HOWEVER...

We had breakfast in Aqua our first morning, and were not impressed. The food off of Garden Cafe buffet was far more varied, fresh, hot, and ready. The only upside to Aqua is wait service, and an attractive setting.

We're also fresh off the Dawn (2/7-2/14) and we took advantage of eating in Aqua. However, we received no notification, nothing in our cabin etc letting us know we were eligible to eat here. The only reason we knew was through Cruise Critic! The menu was the same as at the Venetian but as mmchean indicated Aqua had a small buffet for the cold items. Very slow service at both dining rooms...if you want a quicker breakfast with more variety, the buffet is the place for you.

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
About breakfast in AQUA for BA and above....We are in a BA, but my kids (21 & 16) are in a (not sure, but less than a BA). Does this mean we can't eat breakfast with them in AQUA?

It's for all balcony rooms and above. Doesn't have to be a BA catagory, but does have to be a balcony or higher...no insides or ocean views. However, having said that they probably wouldn't care as long as you go in and present your key card and tell them what size table you need.

CG

....they probably wouldn't care as long as you go in and present your key card and tell them what size table you need.

CG

That was our experience last October on the Spirit. (They call the smaller main dining room the Garden Room). We had two cabins: one balcony and one inside cabin. The passenger with the balcony cabin card presented it and asked for a table for the three of us. No questions, problems or concerns were expressed by the staff.

BTW, we found that the room was lightly used; I believe we never saw more than 40 or so people in there at a time, and generally fewer than that, maybe because we tended to eat around 9:00 am or a little later. But I also wondered how well (or not) this new benefit was publicized by NCL.

Archived