Using priceline for a montreal hotel

As far as I know the only zone that really has a four star on Priceline is Montreal downtown.

In Quebec we have a legal system for the number of stars and those may or may not match those that are found on Priceline. The official legal star system does NOT have any ratings in between, so there is no legal distinction between a three star and a three and a half star, since there is no legal rating that includes a half.

I think the four star hotels that Priceline has offered are:

Hilton Bonaventure

Inter-Continental Montreal

Omni Mont Royal Hotel

Sheraton Centre

Sofitel Montreal

All fine hotels and well reated but as far as I'm concerned none of them are particularly special. Which may be exactly why they are on Priceline. These are certainly not the Queen Elizabeth, the Vogue, the Nelligan, the Gault or even the St-Sulpice.

As for restaurants in Montreal... Montreal is all about the "Joie de Vive" and that hard part will be having to choose what restaurant you want to go to. The best restaurants aren't in one particular area, though. Toqué (for which you might already need to reserve, since they book months in advance in the summer,) Gibby's, Au Pied du Cochon, Schwartz's (Don't expect fancy service, we go for the food, not for the shared table, surly waiters and menu on the wall!), Rue Prince Arthur (BYOB Greek restaurants), Chinatown, Kaizan, Buononotte and I can keep on going on for days and days.

We used priceline for a Montreal hotel 2 years ago. We searched 4 star hotels and booked the Intercontinental at $85/night. We thought it was a bargain, except that parking and internet was pricey. This hotel is local in the downtown area, but just 1 block outside the Old Montreal region. There was a train station 1 block away, however we ended up walking most of the time. There was lots to see and many restaurants within walking distance of our hotel. In fact, I don't think you can walk more than 2-3 blocks in any direction without finding a restaurant. You'll find plenty to do in the 2 days prior to your trip. Have fun!

Archived