Smart Casual on Sea Princess

CruiseTobey

Hi all!

My wife and I are taking a 2-week cruise on the Sea Princess on April 11. We normally cruise with RCCL and are familiar with their standards. However, I have a question about proper attire for men on "smart casual" nights.

RCCL defines smart casual for men to include a nice polo shirt (short or long sleeves), a pair of Dockers-style trousers, and shoes (not sneakers). In your experience, would this attire also be appropriate for Princess' smart casual nights? If not, can any guys out there give me some suggestions?

By the way, I am bringing a suit for formal nights.

Thanks in advance,

CruiseTobey

Hi all!

My wife and I are taking a 2-week cruise on the Sea Princess on April 11. We normally cruise with RCCL and are familiar with their standards. However, I have a question about proper attire for men on "smart casual" nights.

RCCL defines smart casual for men to include a nice polo shirt (short or long sleeves), a pair of Dockers-style trousers, and shoes (not sneakers). In your experience, would this attire also be appropriate for Princess' smart casual nights? If not, can any guys out there give me some suggestions?

By the way, I am bringing a suit for formal nights.

Thanks in advance,

CruiseTobey

Sounds like you have it all together and welcome to Princess! :)

You'll have no problems on Princess with sneakers & jeans on casual evenings anywhere on the ship.

Why would you say this? The OP already said they are used to wearing Dockers and Shoes....

You are trying to incite riot here.

Why would you say this? The OP already said they are used to wearing Dockers and Shoes....

And conflict is exactly what happens... I think he just likes to say it over and over again so that he doesn't feel uncomfortable in jeans and sneakers...:rolleyes:

To the OP, you will be dressed perfectly!

Have a lovely cruise on the Sea Princess! :)

He was referring to RCCL and I was just letting them know the options on Princess. That's all. No riot necessary.

And conflict is exactly what happens... I think he just likes to say it over and over again so that he doesn't feel uncomfortable in jeans and sneakers...:rolleyes:

To the OP, you will be dressed perfectly!

Have a lovely cruise on the Sea Princess! :)

I'm perfectly comfortable in jeans & IF they let me in the DR on formal evenings I would do so, not caring in the least.

We are on the sea princess just fine and yes most are in trousers and a short or long sleeve shirt. The ship is great along with the food and staff. it;s a see day today before the turn around and it's official the BRITS have turned into sun lounger hoggers big time. Kicked off a towel that had been on a sunlounger today after an hour just to get one. The lady tried to wollap me with the towel, amazing how people change over a sun lounger. My wife was sworn at for trying to use a lounger from a guy using two.

happy sailings

Hi CruiseTobey, we will also be on the Sea Princess but boarding in Barbados on 4 April. I think what you're planning on wearing will be just fine and dandy! Come and join us on our roll call - we're a small bunch, but friendly! :D http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=851065&page=4

Archived