I need some advice on....

jimmyjam

:confused: A cancellation!! Myself and a friend are booked on T/A in May. We have already given the deposit and have a veranda cabin.

This is where I need some input, I am sure other cruisers have encountered this problem. My friend backed out, due to personal reasons, I am still planning on going, and we did not take out insurance.

I am not sure what takes place. Has anyone been in this situation before? If so, what did you do?

I'm all ears, ha ha.. thanks for the help!!!:)

BTW, I have not contacted Celebrity as of yet. I know I can get way better advice form my fellow C.C. posters first!!!

You are not near cancellation time yet so you can cancel without penilty except your TA one and re-book (check prices first they may have gone up or down). If you do cancel you can rebook and buy insurance now.

Talk with your TA and see their suggestions too. She/he may just allow you to pay the other half. Good luck. Also ask if they have a share program.

Hi

Is there anyone else that could go in place of your friend? I believe Celebrity will allow a name change for one passenger in a cabin. Check it out with your TA.

Bev

Hi:) you have plenty of time to cancel....as you aren't sailing until May.

But, I can tell you from personal experience, if you are going to re-book on your own, the price is going to almost double.....just so you aren't shocked when you look at the pricing.

Maybe you can find someone else to go too.

Why choose a TA with a cancellation fee? They may not even charge it. Some use it for just those customers that book today and cancel and rebook with someone else next week and then someone else the following week To someone trying to conduct business, they are little more than pests who take up their time.

Archived