Ketchikan car rental, what to see?

norwega

We'll arrive at 6AM and depart at 1:30PM on NCL Pearl. We did the jeep/canoe excursion when we cruised to Alaska in 2005. DH is not found of small boats, as we had a bumpy ride on one to Capri, so I thought a rental car exploring on our own would be good. The Salmon Falls Resort looks like a good place to get a bite? I've seen suggestions to drive to Herring Bay and Harriet Hunt Lake also. I don't think we'll have time to see all 3 places. Suggestions please!

Herring Bay is a slim chance of bears, August into Sept. You really need to consider parking yourself there all day in my opinion. Otherwise, there isn't much point??

Are you hikers?? Ward Lake and Preserverence Trail is excellent. Totem Bight is worth a stop in that direction and you can continue to the end of the road. You time is extremely short so may not be the best option?? Determine WHAT you wish to drive to and why??

I've found a nice trail I think, Lunch Creek Trail, out of Settlers Cove State Park, at the north end of the North Tongass Highway. I've rented a car from AK rentals, they'll bring the car to us, and we can hike as far as we wish, then go back and get a bite at the Salmon Falls Resort before we head back to the ship.

Archived