Rum Point Beach

ArizonaTracie

Is there any easy way of getting to Rum point beach? We were there in the past as part of a tour and on our next visit we would just like to go there and spend the day. I remember it being a ways away from the port so I am thinking a taxi would be very expensive, are their other options like a ferry or something?

We are renting a car from Avis in April for $67 total (car , full insurance and license) plus gas. We have never driven on the left so it will be an adventure. Just leave lots of time to get back as you wil need to check the car back in and get a shuttle back to the port area to catch the tender.

Renting a car or taking a tour are really the only feasible ways of getting to Rum Point from the pier. A taxi would be about $80 US each way, and you'd have to pre-arrange the return trip since there are no taxis waiting in the area.

Renting a car or taking a tour are really the only feasible ways of getting to Rum Point from the pier. A taxi would be about $80 US each way, and you'd have to pre-arrange the return trip since there are no taxis waiting in the area.

Can you tell me how long of a drive it is to Rum Pt. Beach from the pier. I know it doesn't take too long to get to Reef Grill. Is it true that the beach is pretter at Rum Pt. than the beach along the 7 mile stretch.

Can you tell me how long of a drive it is to Rum Pt. Beach from the pier. I know it doesn't take too long to get to Reef Grill. Is it true that the beach is pretter at Rum Pt. than the beach along the 7 mile stretch.

It's 45 minutes each way from the pier to Rum Point, maybe a bit longer if you get stuck in traffic or take a wrong turn somewhere.

The beach is different in the two places. I don't know if I'd say one is prettier than the other, though. It's really personal preference. Rum Point is more "rustic" looking, with trees and hammocks and a very narrow beach at the water's edge. Seven Mile Beach is a long, wide stretch of soft sand, and is more populated (hotels, restaurants, etc.) with a bigger variety of amenities.

Archived