Purchasing Soda's and N.A.

Ron & Faye

Hi all, wondering if anyone would know if there are any stores near POM that you can purchase soda's, water and non-alcoholic beer. We arrive in MIA at 8:30 am and should have plenty of time before we board. Would we be better off taking a taxi from MIA or getting one at POM to take us to one. Cost? and how far? and where do they sell N.A. beer in Miami? Thanks,

Hi all, wondering if anyone would know if there are any stores near POM that you can purchase soda's, water and non-alcoholic beer. We arrive in MIA at 8:30 am and should have plenty of time before we board. Would we be better off taking a taxi from MIA or getting one at POM to take us to one. Cost? and how far? and where do they sell N.A. beer in Miami? Thanks,

Hmmmm.....good question......let me think a minute. There's a Publix in the brickell area by the JW Marriott.....

i think you can by almost anything in grocery stores in Fla.....

Not sure of the cost....if you stop on the way the cabbie may charge you for waiting....BUT you might be able to negotiate! [i took a cab from my hotel to this store, he came back 30 minutes later, didn't turn the meter on going back, and offered to get us the next day to go to the pier.....SOoooooo....he got VERY well taken care of...i think i gave him 20 bucks BACK to the hotel (i think the meter going was 12-15 bucks)...and he got the meter (23 bucks-ish) and a 10 buck tip for the fare to the port...yeah maybe i overpaid, but he was VERY nice, VERY prompt and entertaining! we were at the Ritz in Coconut Grove...i used points, it was free!]

Cab fare from MIA to the pier is about 25 bucks (it is a flat rate) so....maybe you can negotiate a stop at a store on the way.

once you get to the pier, i wouldn't leave...i would check in and be done with it....enjoy the ship as soon as they let you on!

Archived