Future Cruise Credit Certificate

luv2kroooz

I know a lot of people seem pleased with this program, so I hope someone can help me understand how these are a good deal. We are looking to book a cruise for November, but we are not being allowed to use it in conjunction with the new early saver fare program. In order to use the certificate, we have to pay a base fare of $250 more. Assume early saver fare = $359 per person, or $718 for 2; regular fare is $499 per person, or $998 for 2.

So, we basically made a $100 deposit onboard in November to have the opportunity to pay a higher fare than what is available to the general puiblic and get a $100 onboard credit? I don't mean that sarcastically, but isn't that the reality? An onboard credit is OK, but a $100 onboard credit only costs carnival a fraction of $100.

We have cruised CCL over 20 times, and we want to book the November 7, 2009 Liberty cruise. If I had never purchased the certificate on board, i would just book today and pay $718 and get no onboard credit. I would gladly forego the $100 onboard credit if they would just apply the $100 deposit I made in November against the fare that is being offered to the general public. The rep on board in November stated it could be applied against the best fare on the market. Of course, that was prior to the new early saver program.

Thanks for listening. I hope I am not missing something here, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

I did see when you make a deposit with the early saver fare it's a non-refundable deposit. They also had a past guest rate that was slightly higher that worked like normal as far as the deposit being refundable. I like knowing I can make changes up until the final payment date if need be. I then wait till the final payment & purchase the insurance so I'm covered for other reasons within that time frame.

Im not quite sure what you mean by you are paying a higher price.

I just did what you are speaking of. I had to pay the full deposit, then I have to send in the certificate (ok to me thats weak on Carnival's part), after they receive it the $100 I paid will come off the final payment. I am paying the same rate as the general public.

The PVPs cannot take the $100 off the deposit, it comes off the final payment. Plus you get the OBC extra.

I reread your post. Maybe the problem is you are wanting to change from regular booking to the early saver. My PVP could do that, no problem. You should be able to get the early saver rate with the next cruise cert (I did).

Thanks for listening. I hope I am not missing something here, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

This is a new program, so you might encounter a rep that isnt up to speed. Just call back on Monday and someone should be able to help you. If you get the same answer, just ask for a Supervisor, since both can be applied.

Carnival PVP stated we could use our certificate with the Early Saver Rate. It is not applied to the deposit because you have to mail it into the Guest Relations Department. You need to send it certified mail and make a copy of your certificate my PVP advised. We sent them in last week so I will let everyone know if there is any problem. We sail on Carnival Glory in November and had two certificates for 2 of our 3 balcony cabins. It was kinda confusing because at first our PVP did not know what we were talking about. Apparently the communication between departments is not the best regarding this program.:rolleyes:

Carnival PVP stated we could use our certificate with the Early Saver Rate. It is not applied to the deposit because you have to mail it into the Guest Relations Department. You need to send it certified mail and make a copy of your certificate my PVP advised. We sent them in last week so I will let everyone know if there is any problem. We sail on Carnival Glory in November and had two certificates for 2 of our 3 balcony cabins. It was kinda confusing because at first our PVP did not know what we were talking about. Apparently the communication between departments is not the best regarding this program.:rolleyes:

It's confusing because on the ship they market the $100.00 as a deposit. To me that sounds like when you actually book the $100.00 should come off the deposit you pay not the final payment.

Hey guys. Thanks for your input. I am happy to pay the full deposit if they take the $100 of the final payment. My TA had called CCL and told me that it couldn't be combined. Yeah, I'll try again Monday.

Yes, try again tomorrow and ask for a 3 way call, so you can hear what Carnival says. Its possible the Carnival rep wasnt aware that they could be combined or maybe your TA doesnt want to lose any commission by lowering the price of your cruise. Hopefully, its the former and not the latter.

Good Luck.

Archived