New to Royal Caribbean, kid club question...

pampaul

My boys will be 12 and 13 when we go in July. We will be on the Monarch. Can someone give me some details on the kids club for their age. Sorry, I'm not sure what the name of it is. What type of activities are there? Can they come and go as they please? Are there games systems in there (Wii, Xbox, etc)?

Any info you can tell me, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!

they have kids club onboard. Your kids age group is seperate from the 7-10 kids or the 3-6 kids.

Xbox360, wii, psp, the whole 9 yards. Usually they have 4-5 52 inch flatscreen tv's... one tv for each video game system. They also have a TON of board games and 3-4 staff at all times to hang out with the kids. They're playing cool music (stuff you would find on the disney channel, no rap) and cozy furniture for them to hang out. There is a SODA BAR for the kids to hang out, get an ice cream, and 'field trips' to the pool/goonie golfing if you give permission for the kids to be around the ship with staff.

Generally kids have a blast. I would suggest your child bringing a deck of cards..... there are ALWAYS kids in the library or teen room playing the newest game from whatever part of the country they're from.

Apart from the kids club the Basketball courts are where teens 'hang'.

At least that's where I always look first.

They can come and go as they want on the ship.

There is a curfew of 1am unless they are with adults.

They have a get-together on the first night, then scavenger hunts, organized events, pizza parties, all that kind of thing if they like joining in.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

Here is a link to crusinmama06's collection of kids cruise compasses. The groups are typically 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-17 so your kids will be together.

Those are the right age groups, and mema gave you the best link for detailed information on the activities that will be offered. I think the 12-14 group is called "Navigators."

Be warned, though, they are very serious about the statement on the kids compass that if there's not enough participation, then activities will be canceled.

My then-12 son was a bit disappointed in the kids club on the Adventure last February because all of the activities he wanted to do got canceled. He's not much of one to hang out at the basketball courts or just sit around doing nothing. He had a much better time going to activities with me or Mom. We did things like cooking demos, ice skating, inline skating, or hanging out at the pool. You won't have the skating on Monarch, but you do have the rock wall to climb!

I think it would have been better if his brother (11) had been in the same group - they would have hung out together. With both of your boys in the same group "your mileage may vary" as they say!

Good luck!

Archived