Live from the Grand 13 - 27 Feb 2009

catsdinner

I checked with the head waiter at dinner last night about the pub lunch and he called the Wheelhouse Bar and was told that it isn't offrered on this ship.

The late diners last night were not pleased with the after dinner entertainmnet. The shows from the previous night were repeated at 7 and 9 and there was nothing new. when we finished dinner the halls were packed full of early diners across from the Explorers Lounge where the Maurizzo was singing. Couldn't get near the place. Skywalker was packed full as well for 50s and 60s night. We finally found a seat down in the smoking section. We all expressed our opinion to the CD and he said that it was the new corporate policy. Hope they change it.

Sea day today. They are doing the Run for the Cure at 11 am.

Sarah

Thanks for the live postings. We are on the next cruise! Is there any place at lunch to get a sandwich (other than burger)? Perhaps roast beef or turkey with fixins. Thanks for input!

Hello mjt1........come and join us on our roll call..........we too are sailing next aboard the Grand.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=652359&page=40

Pete.

Thanks for the live postings. We are on the next cruise! Is there any place at lunch to get a sandwich (other than burger)? Perhaps roast beef or turkey with fixins. Thanks for input!

I noticed in the Horizon Court they will make them (cerrtain types) but I never used this. Or you can make them yourself. I did this many times as fresh bread and rolls and all the fixins you can place between!

Mu DH and I are on the next sailing of the Grand. We are enjoying reading all about your experience. We did a TA on the Golden and Maurizzo was playing on it. Hope he is still on next week as his shows are a lot of fun. Not sure why they keep him in the hallway bar. Maybe he likes it. Does make for some congestion. Thanks again for reporting.

Wow. The Princess news release stated that the International Cafe would go in this April during drydock. I hope they are right and the ol Captain is wrong! I sail on her in May. Glad to hear they have already began installing the flat screens. They are also supposed to add MUTS in the April drydock.

Do you know when this April is the drydock, sailing on her April 10, wondering if before that date? Thanks.

Do you know when this April is the drydock, sailing on her April 10, wondering if before that date? Thanks.

The Grand just came out of wet dock this past December. It's going to be awhile before they put her in dry dock. I wouldn't expect any more major changes before that time.

Hello

\

We just left Trinidad. Wow, what a day. We took a taxi with another couple to Maracas Beach. What a wonderful place. We took our snorkel gear but didn't get to use it as there were a lot of waves going on. Don't know if that is normal or not. It was fun going out for quite a distance and being knocked over by the waves. Would have been great if we had a surf board with us. We must have went out 100 yards and still only to our waist in the water. It cost us $120.00 for the four of us on a taxi for the ride out, 4 hours on the beach and the ride back. The taxi driver waited for us. While there we bought the Shark and Bake Sandwich which was great for $5.00 per sandwich at Richards Shark and Bake. Water was $1.00 per bottle and beer was $2.00 a bottle. Had a great day. We bought a bottle of rum punch at the dock for $6.00 (all gone which is why the typing is not so good tonight).

Bathrooms at the beach is $1.00 Trinidadian per visit (6 visits per $1USd). Showers available there as well.

Last night (2nd formal night) was Italian night. I know someone asked when it was. If you want to have a great time Celebrity Liars Club was also last night and we had so much fun. The two comedians and the singer Tony B were the celebrities and we had a ball. Check it out. Tonight we are going to the sock hop after dinner.

Don't know when the next drydock is but they did say 2011 for the International Cafe being installed during drydock. I would imagine that is the next drydock. We have another CC gettogether at our last sea day and I hope we will have more crew attend. If there are more questions you want asked I could ask it then.

Sarah

We haven't been to any Muts so don't know how hard it is to get a seat but the movies so far have been Flash of Genius, Iron Man, Max Payne, Dark Knight, The Women and Nights in Rodanthe (that one was a Valentines Special).

Hi Sarah! Thanks for the live reports from the Grand. It sounds like you and Berk are having a great time. We were suppose to be on the next sailing(2/27) but we cancelled:( that one since we decided to go to Alaska in July.

Enjoy the rest of your week:).

Joanne and Kevin

Just left Barbados and had another wonderful beach day. We took the local bus to Payne's Bay to Blue Monkey Beach. The Blue Monkey Hotel and Beach Bar is now closed so maybe won't be called that much longer. There were several catamarans off on the reef where they were swimming with the turtles. We could have got a glass bottom boat out to the reef to also swim with the turtles but didn't. The water was quite rough and it was fun just surfing in the waves. It cost $3.00 return for the two of us to take the bus out to the beach. We had to walk about 10 minutes from the cruise port to the bus station. Bought the tokens at the station.

Tonight is the Island Night deck party. It is always a good time. The band Accent and Maurizzo are playing. Accent is usually the band that plays on deck for sailaways as well.

Tomorrow we are in St Vincent and we have Wayne's Boat to look forward to. We have done it before so know it will be fun.

When we got back to our cabin this afternoon we had a new flat screen TV in our cabin. We are in an aft cabin on Caribe deck.

We changed our clocks on the night of our first sea day.

Hi Joanne and Kev. Don't let Kev out of your sight in Alaska :-)

Sarah

Tomorrow we are in St Vincent and we have Wayne's Boat to look forward to. We have done it before so know it will be fun.

When we got back to our cabin this afternoon we had a new flat screen TV in our cabin. We are in an aft cabin on Caribe deck.

Are you in one of the regular BB balcony cabins or one of the suites?

We will be in C753 in March.

Please be sure to tell us all about your day with Wayne. I am really looking forward to my first tour with him.

We are in regular Balcony C752. I think C753 is exactly the same on the opposite side of the ship. We love it, this is the second time we have had the same cabin.

The Meet at Skywalkers was arranged by one of our CC Members for us. It was also in the Patter and it was advertised in the Patter for Members of CC.

Had a great day with Wayne. We had two boats full. We didn't see any whales or dolphins today. Had a great lunch at the Pirates of the Caribbean site. Swam at a black lava beach and snorkled at another one. Went searching for crystals at the beach as well. We got back at 4 pm and the ship sailed at 4:30. Lots of rum punch flowing.

Tomorrow is St Kitts. Haven't decided what we're doing there, maybe Friar's Beach.

Sarah

We are in regular Balcony C752. I think C753 is exactly the same on the opposite side of the ship. We love it, this is the second time we have had the same cabin.

The Meet at Skywalkers was arranged by one of our CC Members for us. It was also in the Patter and it was advertised in the Patter for Members of CC.

Had a great day with Wayne. We had two boats full. We didn't see any whales or dolphins today. Had a great lunch at the Pirates of the Caribbean site. Swam at a black lava beach and snorkled at another one. Went searching for crystals at the beach as well. We got back at 4 pm and the ship sailed at 4:30. Lots of rum punch flowing.

Tomorrow is St Kitts. Haven't decided what we're doing there, maybe Friar's Beach.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, do you know who the CC person contacted to put the info in the Patter...

Can you tell me what getting from Wayne's boat to the dock at the Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant is like? How far do you swim? I assume you can wear a snorkel vest if you are not much of a swimmer?

Yes, our cabin will be exactly like yours but at the opposite side of the ship. We can't wait to check out our first aft cabin. Did we pick the right side of the ship for views in port?

Can you tell me what getting from Wayne's boat to the dock at the Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant is like? How far do you swim? I assume you can wear a snorkel vest if you are not much of a swimmer?

Yes, our cabin will be exactly like yours but at the opposite side of the ship. We can't wait to check out our first aft cabin. Did we pick the right side of the ship for views in port?

You stop 3X

- lava flow Wayne will supply floatation devices

- Lunch you walk off the boat onto the dock

- swim at beach again wayne will supply flotation devices

GREAT EXCURSION!

Emma his first mate is a gent and will to assist in any needs

You stop 3X

- lava flow Wayne will supply floatation devices

- Lunch you walk off the boat onto the dock

- swim at beach again wayne will supply flotation devices

GREAT EXCURSION!

Emma his first mate is a gent and will to assist in any needs

His new boat still doesn't have a head, does it? I hope there are sufficient pit stops. :D

Did you snorkel?

It sounds like we will have a fabulous day with Wayne. We have heard nothing but great things about him.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all our questions.

Archived