Elation to Cabo...???

TortieGal

While on the recent Blogger's Cruise, I asked John if Elation would return to doing Cabo sailings now that fuel prices have quieted down. He said there would be some news on the Elation in a few weeks. I asked him if I thought it would be good news and he said he thought I would like it.

So, I am hoping that the 4 day Cabo cruise will return! Ensenada and Catalina just don't appeal to me. :o

While on the recent Blogger's Cruise, I asked John if Elation would return to doing Cabo sailings now that fuel prices have quieted down. He said there would be some news on the Elation in a few weeks. I asked him if I thought it would be good news and he said he thought I would like it.

So, I am hoping that the 4 day Cabo cruise will return! Ensenada and Catalina just don't appeal to me. :o

Well I believe that if the Elation keeps the same itinerary as the Paradise it will bomb........

I think they would do well if they could have the Elation sail to Cabo and La Paz...........and of course add the much needed balcony cabins:D

. . . but Catalina is a darling little town. Like someone else on this board said, if Catalina were a Caribbean island town, people would rave about it.

You can pay about 40 bucks and take a boat over to Catalina anytime.........and tour the whole island in a couple hours:D

No thanks!

Actually back in the day they used to have water skiiing races to Catalina........

Well I believe that if the Elation keeps the same itinerary as the Paradise it will bomb........

I think they would do well if they could have the Elation sail to Cabo and La Paz...........and of course add the much needed balcony cabins:D

He seemed to agree that it was silly to have both ships basically doing the same itinerary.

And though I don't have anything against Catalina...and do want to visit there...it just doesn't do it for me as a cruise port. I've kind of always seen it as a side trip during a California vacation. :o

We are booked on the Elation to Catalina and Ensenada on the 22nd and are quite excited about it. We've been on 4 cruises and travelled a lot and we are looking forward to this cruise. We've never been to either port so all will be new for us. Just a quick little get away while waiting for our Alaska cruise in May. We've heard many good things about these ports and know we will have a nice time.

Shankiko

That would be good news.

You can pay about 40 bucks and take a boat over to Catalina anytime.........and tour the whole island in a couple hours:D

No thanks!

Actually back in the day they used to have water skiiing races to Catalina........

Catalina is a great little town and island, been there a few times. Not everyone has as easy access to it as you do and may actually look forward to their cruise and enjoy it!

I thought perhaps the reason that Elation was not going to Cabo was due to tendering issues. If it is the only port and has to be missed because of weather, people would be mad. :mad:

I did Elation to Cabo in Jan. 08 and it was a great trip. :D

Tom in Long Beach

Catalina is a great little town and island, been there a few times. Not everyone has as easy access to it as you do and may actually look forward to their cruise and enjoy it!

And that is why they have had this itinerary for years........don't need to ships though........

I would like this alot more!!! I am booked 4/2 wonder if that cruise will be affected.

Cathy

I thought perhaps the reason that Elation was not going to Cabo was due to tendering issues. If it is the only port and has to be missed because of weather, people would be mad. :mad:

Not too sure of the exact reason...I had assumed it was due to fuel prices and John didn't say anything to the contrary. :confused: I'll follow up with him if no news comes out in the next month or so.

If they weren't able to tender, maybe do 2 sea days and dock in Ensenada, if available?

I believe the Elation took the Catalina and Ensenada route out of SD because Royal Carribiean moved its Monarch of the Seas from that route to some other in Florida. So Carnival wanted to snap it up.

However, I'm with all of you guys, why are they running two ships out of SD/LA going to the same places? Are they expecting that they can fill both ships every week on just this route?

RCI is going to be doing short Cabo runs this fall on a much newer ship out of San Diego, so Carnival going to have to do something to compete. A much older ship with few balconies isn't going to be very appealing unless they totally undercut RCI on price.

RCI is going to be doing short Cabo runs this fall on a much newer ship out of San Diego, so Carnival going to have to do something to compete. A much older ship with few balconies isn't going to be very appealing unless they totally undercut RCI on price.

We were on the Elation last Oct. I can understand why everyone is mad that CCL isn't doing the Cabo/Ens. anymore. But, as much as we enjoyed Cabo, we had a really good time in Ensenada. BF (from San Diego originally) was shocked that they had cleaned up the Ens. port so much. Lots of great shops, bars, and clean, cool restuarants. I'd do that cruise again just to return to Husong's Cantina--a great, OLD bar!

I agree and I am a Carnival addict, but I won't be booking the Elation as long as the RCI ship is in town.

Catalina is a charming little island, but as Kurbanfan pointed out, you can get there a lot cheaper on a ferry boat, so why pay for a cruise. Plus, Catalina is still in CA which means no duty free. At least when you go to Cabo, you are in Mexico, and it is warm and duty free. You feel like you went somewhere.

I hope John is right and that change is in the air.

. . . but Catalina is a darling little town. Like someone else on this board said, if Catalina were a Caribbean island town, people would rave about it.

But Carnival doesn't need 2 ships visiting Catalina.

Or 2 ships with the same itenerary.

I like the Cabo La Paz idea:)

IF RC starts a short Cabo run, i will be on it........that is until Carnival returns to cabo.

Archived