Elation to Cabo...???

TortieGal

The Radiance of the Seas is offering limited Cabo and Cabo/Ensenada runs. If I can get a good deal you betcha I'm gonna do it. Love Carnival but taking the short Cabo run out of the plan was a mistake.:rolleyes:

Radiance to Cabo: 9/30/09, 10/29/09, 11/12/09 and 4/1, 15 & 29/10

Radiance to Cabo/Ensenada: 9/25/09, 10/4,9,14,19 & 24/09 and 11/2,7,&16/09 and

3/22& 27, 4/5,10,19 & 24/10 and 5/3/10.

It looks like a total of 22 cruise over the next year thru 5/3/10.

I'll be looking at next April/May unless Carnival does come back with the Cabo run.

Just did a cursory quote from RCI.

5 nights inside is about $400 while

4 nights inside is $449.

Pretty pricey, but what got me most is why 4 nights is more expensive than the 5 ??

The 4 nights on the Paradise are also cheaper then their 3 nights.......

And it was the same way when the Elation was doing the 4 and 5 nights......

The 4 nights on the Paradise are also cheaper then their 3 nights.......

And it was the same way when the Elation was doing the 4 and 5 nights......

Usually they are weekend cruises (the 3 day) and more people can leave for a weekend than a Mon-Thur. So.. the weekend cruises ar easier to fill but more expensive hoping people will think I'll do the 4 day instead.. Atleast thats my experience, what I've been told by my PVP as well.

I agree with Kurbanfan. Catalina is a little blah. From my house, I can drive to the beach, get on the ferry, and be there in 1 hour (total). Then when I get there I can see the same water and sand I have here. I don't agree that if it was in the Caribbean, I would be raving about it, as the other poster said. I have spent the night there several times and the whole island is a sleepy little town. Off season, most places close early or aren't even open at all. Prices are high, especially compared to Mexican ports. It's a cute town and believe it or not, my husband proposed to me there (so it's special in that way), but I would MUCH rather go to Cabo.

All that said, we are going there on our next cruise in November, lol. We were looking for a cheap cruise to take the kids on (their first) and they have never been to Catalina and have always wanted to go. They see it from the beach all the time so I think it's a mystery out there for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived