Insurance through cruiseline or independently?

teresapink

This is the first time we have booked our cruise directly through RCI. I forgot all about insurance...the TA always told us about that...When I looked at the prices on their website it was soooooo expensive! ($1000 to insure a $6000 trip). I checked out CSA and their quote was $268...I think for the entire trip.....

Has anyone experience or advice in this area?

Thanks-

T

This is the first time we have booked our cruise directly through RCI. I forgot all about insurance...the TA always told us about that...When I looked at the prices on their website it was soooooo expensive! ($1000 to insure a $6000 trip). I checked out CSA and their quote was $268...I think for the entire trip.....

Has anyone experience or advice in this area?

Thanks-

T

Read the Exclusions and Inclusions on whatever policies you are considering. Make sure you know what is going to be covered before you choose so if something comes up, you aren't surprised by it being an excluded from coverage.

There are several carriers who offer coverage. Pick the one which best suits your specific needs.

I am sorry about that. :(

I don't know what else you can buy that would cover pre-existing conditions at this late date. What are you concerns?

You can buy the regular CSA and at least be covered for medical/med vac for yourself and family traveling with you...IF the cause is not of a pre-existing condition. You would also be covered for trip delays, or for weather/accident related issues that prevent you from getting to the cruise.

Also, call you medical insurance provider to check if you have benefits outside the US. A lot of insurance do not cover anything if you are out of the country (i.e. Medicare). It depends on what your employer has chosen...my insurance through my employer covers everything (if an emergency-including Medi-vac and transport to US) however my husbands policy does not (Luckily he is on mine).... travel insurance in addition is good to have for the unexpected trip interruptions and cancellations, etc but also for the emergency medical coverage.

Archived