QM2 Deck 12 Overhang

bobby1119

I just booked a C-1 grade on QM2 and was instantly upgraded to A-1 cabin 11.068, which is one of the cabins below the Deck 12 overhang.

I am wondering if anyone has any comments about those cabins on Deck 11, particularly if the overhang obstructs the sky and cuts down on sunlight from shining onto the balcony?

I have an option to switch to one of the A-1 cabins at the very forward section of Deck 12.

Thanks for the help.

Bobby

Hi!! The overhang is there and it will give you shade. If you want the sun go for the cabin towards the front. It is nice to get up and go visit the Atlantic room in the morning, to get a view of the front of the ship. It could get quite windy on your balcony though. I would go for the sun!!

HAPPY SAiLING!

Bobby

We have had cabin 11076, and the overhang really was not a problem at all. We have also been further forward (deck11), and yes, it is very nice to be near the Atlantic room and observation deck.

What are lucky chap you are!!!;) An upgrade from a C1 cabin with no balcony to this; whatever cabin you end up with I am sure you will be utterly delighted. My own preference would be to stay with deck 11.

One last thought, the forward cabin would be just that little bit closer to the Commodore Club :D on exit from the elevator, on your evening return to rest.

Have a wonderful trip.

Archived