Mexican riviera

bridog22

Hi - Sailing on the Mariner of the Seas in May to Mexico. Has anybody been there? Been on the sister ships Exploerer and Navigator...any differences between the ships? Hopefully with all that's going on in Mexico we have nothing to fear in the Resort Ports in the RIVIERA.

Hi - Sailing on the Mariner of the Seas in May to Mexico. Has anybody been there? Been on the sister ships Exploerer and Navigator...any differences between the ships? Hopefully with all that's going on in Mexico we have nothing to fear in the Resort Ports in the RIVIERA.

I live in San Diego and get the (pretty much) real scoop. You have no problems (like the druglords/gangland shootings) in the Riviera. Sorry, can't help you with the ship but I have been to MR dozens of times if you have more questions. Have a blast, we always do. :)

Cabo Wabo is a cute little place and easy to walk to. Lots of pictures of Sammy on the wall. Which sailing are you taking on the Mariner? We are on the April 26th sailing. This will be our 2nd cruise down there but we spent time in Cabo exclusively before, too. For a first timer to Cabo I highly recommend taking a glass bottom boat ride out to Los Arcos and Lover's Beach. You can do this from the Marina or from Medano Beach.

Yes, Cabo Wabo is not far from the ship and is a fun place. Last time bought some teeshirts for the collector among us. We did settle in at Margaritavilla that overlooks the marina and has those delicious HUGE margaritas with chips/etc. You got good suggestions from wolfshadow. Some good fishing here.

What other ports? PV, Acapulco, Mazatlan?

Mariner is identical to Navigator, just one year newer. Mariner (and Navigator) are 2nd generation Voyager class ships, and differ in minor ways from Explorer. The balconies on Mariner are more transparent and not the steel cave type on Explorer. Mariner has Chops in addition to Portofino. The aft kids pool area is missing on Mariner.

Cabo Wabo is a cute little place and easy to walk to. Lots of pictures of Sammy on the wall. Which sailing are you taking on the Mariner? We are on the April 26th sailing. This will be our 2nd cruise down there but we spent time in Cabo exclusively before, too. For a first timer to Cabo I highly recommend taking a glass bottom boat ride out to Los Arcos and Lover's Beach. You can do this from the Marina or from Medano Beach.

The part of Cabo Wabo that is open during the daytime is a smaller dining room area. It is really just open for the cruisers benefit (and dollars) during the daytime. The much larger main area is only open at night. You can stop in to the smaller area if you wish. They will have food service (good but overpriced), Waboritas (very good but expensive), and t-shirts and Cabo Wabo Tequila for sale. The tequila is good but it is not a bargain by any stretch. You will generally only save a couple dollars off the stateside prices. There are good (equal to or better than) tequilas to be had at savings of 40% to 60% at the right stores.

If you want, stop into Cabo Wabo - have an expensive Waborita if you wish. Then head outside to an outside bar (in front of Cabo Wabo) called Rips. Try their "rainbow" shots if you dare. Next door is Taco Loco in case you get the munchies.

Thanks for the responses. We are going to Mazatlan and Puerto also. Any recomendations there? My wife is a huge Margarita fan...who's got the best out of Cabo/Maz/Puerto? Appreciate the feedback.

Taking your statement quite literally, I'll make this suggestion. Keep in mind that I have never personally tried to swim laps in this one.

In Cabo; 1 block behind the Giggling Marlin is a place called "The Corner Cafe" They are reputed to have a margarita that comes close in size to a small hot tub. Supposed to be very good as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Have a great cruise.

When we went last year (to CWabo) upstairs & dnstairs were open.

Yes' date=' everything was open both times we've been down there, in 1996 and in 2006. Not much going on during the day but it was open. We'll probably go by there this April, too. :eek:[/color']

Thanks for the responses. We are going to Mazatlan and Puerto also. Any recomendations there? My wife is a huge Margarita fan...who's got the best out of Cabo/Maz/Puerto? Appreciate the feedback.

Okay, Puerto Vallarta, take the taxi to the malecon (ocean boardwalk). There you will pass by the cathedral and see all sorts of places. You can walk all the way to the quay (cuale in Spanish)- the river. On the island there you will find a few places to have good maggies and others. The River Cafe is nice and they have 2x1. Not far is free internet if you want, just over one of the hanging ped bridges west of the flea mkt, north of the isla (island) called Cafe Roma. The maggies are good there too and the beers are cheap. Be sure to get a taxi back on the north side of the isla or it costs you more. Any more Q's, just ask, I'll check back.

Archived