Splendor 8G Aft Balcony

Cruzin 1025

Has anyone stayed in the Aft Balcony cabins on the Splendor? Do those rooms have a couch in them?

We're currently booked in an L-shaped balcony but it looks like the price has dropped on the afts, so we're thinking of switching. I've heard the L-shaped only has a chair, and not a couch. We loved our L-shaped on the Victory, but I've not heard as good reviews on them on the Splendor.

The one that's available right now is on deck 8 - Verandah.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We stayed in cabin 7440 on the Splendor. We did not have a couch in our room.

We've looked at the L-shaped cabins but didn't like the positioning of the TV because you can't watch it from the bed. It is a stranger arrangement but it does have a large balcony. We love the aft cabins and have had several.

Has anyone stayed in the Aft Balcony cabins on the Splendor? Do those rooms have a couch in them?

We're currently booked in an L-shaped balcony but it looks like the price has dropped on the afts, so we're thinking of switching. I've heard the L-shaped only has a chair, and not a couch. We loved our L-shaped on the Victory, but I've not heard as good reviews on them on the Splendor.

The one that's available right now is on deck 8 - Verandah.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

We were in 6454 on the Upper Deck, 8G Aft. We did have a couch. If you look on the Carnival website at the decks on the Splendor, there are schematics that show which rooms have the couches. Enjoy the Splendor...we did!:D

Very interesting. Some have couches and some don't. I knew some had pullouts, but thought most would at least have one to sit on.

Our L-shaped on the Victory we could view the TV just fine, but the bed was against the windows. I think I've read that the Splendor L-shaped has the bed opposite the windows, so it would make sense the TV would be hard to see.

So it looks like I've got the option to upgrade to an Aft balcony on Verandah deck or I could pay $50pp to get the 9A on the side (also an L-shaped, but bigger than my 8A). Only bad thing is they're right under the Lido deck and could be louder because of that. Decisions, decisions.....

We stayed in cabin 7440 on the Splendor. We did not have a couch in our room.

We've looked at the L-shaped cabins but didn't like the positioning of the TV because you can't watch it from the bed. It is a stranger arrangement but it does have a large balcony. We love the aft cabins and have had several.

Kicia we are staying in that same room Oct 25, 2009 sailing. Was it nice & not much noise? We are excited!!:D

lisalisa143 - we enjoyed the room a lot. It was not noisy and the fact that the cabin is on a floor that is between floors with only cabins helps cut down the noise. We had that cabin on the Baltic cruise for 12 days and the only thing that could beat it would be the 9A but you'll enjoy it. The view looking over the aft at the wake is great. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...
jrmende63,

I'm booked in 6454 on July 12th. How was the cabin. Read someone was complaining about noice?? Got at pics??

We did not hear any noise at all, but we keep the A/C on all the time. Loved the balcony. I don't know if I have a pic or not...I will check and try to post it if I do.

Julie

jrmende63,

I'm booked in 6454 on July 12th. How was the cabin. Read someone was complaining about noice?? Got at pics??

We did not hear any noise at all, but we keep the A/C on all the time. Loved the balcony. I don't know if I have a pic or not...I will check and try to post it if I do.

Julie

chefruss,

I looked through my Splendor pics and don't have any that you can really tell what the cabin looks like. I only have a partial glimpse of the balcony chairs and the bed with the towel animals.

• 3 months later...
Kicia we are staying in that same room Oct 25, 2009 sailing. Was it nice & not much noise? We are excited!!:D

lisalisa- Ooops, we are in room 7440 on Oct 25th sailing you are next to us or one over from that silly, but its ok if you try to put your key in my door

Archived