Did they reduce the cost of the snorkel rental in GSC?

Dukegirl5577

If you look under Shore Excursions at the top of NCL webpage you will see when you go to GSC excursions that Snorkel is $20 with a * by it. the star donates that price changes according to the sailing that you are on .So you need to be signed into your NCL account to see the pricing for your personal sailing. The cost on my trip is $29 I cut and pasted below so you can see the difference in price when you are signed into NCL and when you are not. Hope this clears things up for everyone.

WHEN YOU ARE NOT SIGNED IN

Private Island Snorkel

Great Stirrup Cay

If you know how to swim then we recommend you dive into the snorkel program. You'll have your equipment all day, so you can snorkel when you feel like it. Swim or wade around in the sandy shallows to check out the many schools of fish and our artificial reef. Or if conditions permit, swim outside the cove and discover deeper water and coral formations.

Adult Pricing From:

$20 *

* Prices vary by sail date. Please sign in to display prices for your sailing.

Duration:

7 hours

WHEN YOU ARE SIGNED IN

Private Island Snorkel

If you know how to swim then we recommend you dive into the snorkel program. You'll have your equipment all day, so you can snorkel when you feel like[More]

Roll Over for Activity Details:

Est. Time:

7 hours

Price:

$29.00

If you look under Shore Excursions at the top of NCL webpage you will see when you go to GSC excursions that Snorkel is $20 with a * by it. the star donates that price changes according to the sailing that you are on .So you need to be signed into your NCL account to see the pricing for your personal sailing. The cost on my trip is $29 I cut and pasted below so you can see the difference in price when you are signed into NCL and when you are not. Hope this clears things up for everyone.

Last night my signed in price was 29, today the sign in is 20. But I won't be paying it anyway................

I'm bringing my own fins, mask and snorkel but are you required to rent a vest to snorkel there? Or can you just jump right in?

If you're going out of the cove with the snorkel group, then you have to wear the vest for $5. If you're inside the cove, you can do what you want with the equipment you have.:)

I would love to bring my own mask, snorkel, and fins, but my husband is adamently opposed to buying them. Our house is small enough that adding yet more stuff to store (when we're not using it) will just add clutter.

Plus, this is the only time we've ever had to rent from NCL. Normally we rent from local snorkeling businesses (thus pumping money into the local economy) whenever we get to whichever island we're on that day. He'd rather do that then buy a set in Costco. True, this time we're pumping $$ into NCL rather than the local economy, but that's just because GSC is a private island.

Anyway, I was logged in and it's $20 for the logged in price, whereas it was $29 for the logged in price just last week. So yes, it does appear that they've lowered the price.

Works for me!

I would love to bring my own mask, snorkel, and fins, but my husband is adamently opposed to buying them. Our house is small enough that adding yet more stuff to store (when we're not using it) will just add clutter.

Plus, this is the only time we've ever had to rent from NCL. Normally we rent from local snorkeling businesses (thus pumping money into the local economy) whenever we get to whichever island we're on that day. He'd rather do that then buy a set in Costco. True, this time we're pumping $$ into NCL rather than the local economy, but that's just because GSC is a private island.

Anyway, I was logged in and it's $20 for the logged in price, whereas it was $29 for the logged in price just last week. So yes, it does appear that they've lowered the price.

Works for me!

My experience with buying snorkel equipment is a bit biased because my husband almost drowned last summer when caught in a rip tide in the Gulf of Mexico. His cheap a$$ fins from WalMart broke in several pieces.

Beware of cheap snorkel equipment, especially fins.

Dukegirl, we take just our mask and snorkel on our cruises, and use the fins provided on excursion's. Plus, if you just want to swim around on your own, you don't even need the fins.

Archived