Disposable hand warmers?

camella

I was just reading all the tips on things to bring on your cruise and ran across one that said they took disposable hand warmers from Home Depot on their Alaska cruise. Can anyone tell me where they would be located in the store and/or what they are called? We are planning a trip to the Artic Circle this summer and although we may not need them, I imagine being the warm blooded Floridians we are they would probably really come in handy. Also how do they work and how long do they last? If we got them now would they still be good for late June? Although I doubt I would be able to find them here, dh is going to New Jersey tomorrow on a business trip so I was going to have him check up there. Sorry for all the questions but when it comes to cold weather things I'm clueless!

How long do they last? If I buy them now will they last until late June? I know I won't be able to find them here but dh has some business trips up north where he should be able to find them. TIA for your help!

Grabber Hand Warmers (and other body parts)

http://www.warmers.com/

"Hot Hands" is another brand... These are sold at Bass Pro Shops if there is one close to you in Miami..

http://www.heatmax.com/HotHands/hothands2.htm

If not found locally, online shopping is your friend.......:D

They have a long shelf life as they are not activated until you open the packet. Depending upon the outside temps, a 'heat' generated for 6 to 10 hours is not unusual. You can order a family sized package and play with a couple before the trip to see how they work. I do not recommend placing them against bare skin for extended periods of time, you could get a burn similar to a sunburn!! One in your coat pockets to warm hands from time to time... One in your boot then your socked foot works well.. Take spares if you don't think you are getting warm enough..

Walmart also has them. Up at the cash registers and in sporting goods. Only $1.42 for 2 pair. Just sent these to my son in Iraq.

beat me to it. you don't need those electric ones or anything special. These cheapos use a chemical reaction once you mix it up, and last for quite a while. Also, wear mittens vs gloves if you're a cold-handed person. mittens keep all the fingers in one spot, so they share the heat (plus warmers get all the way to fingertips where you feel the cold first).

Archived