Embarkation...then what???

Auggie11

I would love to hear from some expierenced cruisers as to what is your "routine" right after getting onto the ship. What do you do before you can get into your room or before your luggage is delivered? I don't want to be wandering around the ship with my kids without a plan.We will be on the Destiny in March '09.

We get to the port about 11am. On the ship by 11:30 , go directly to our cabins( yes I open the fire doors:rolleyes:) and drop off carry-ons. I also give my steward his first tip. Then up to eat and take pics of my kids around the ship. Since this will be my 9th cruise I pretty much know the lay-out of all the ships:D 44 days to go:p Glory 4/4/09

I am the same way - I always check to see if we can drop off carryons but only once in 6 cruises have we been able to get to the room prior to 1:30 - the fire doors are always still closed.

I've never had a problem dropping off carryons, we usually just go through the fire door, if we see anyone ask them if it's ok, stash our bags under the bed and hightail it to the Lido for our first DOD.

And the room is usually ready anyway, although we don't linger in the room, I doubt that they'd know since it's all done anyway.

Also this is a good time to make Supper club ressies if you hadn't already done so online. I try to do it early so I can get the time and day I'd like!!!

Cheers, Carole

Usually on board by 11:30 and head straight to the lido deck to have lunch at the buffet and order our first bucket of beer. After lunch if I am on a new ship I usually wander around and check everything out. Once the stateroom is open for us and I receive our luggage I spray everything with water and hang everything up. We are usually ready to go by Muster drill and then enjoy a drink of the day at sail away.

Eating on the Lido is priority #1! We also drop our luggage off at our room as soon as possible. (If you board a ship where you are told to wait until the "you can now go to your stateroom" announcement is made, try to go to your room a few minutes before the set time. Otherwise the elevators will be packed!) Once all of that is done, it's a great time to grab your deck plan map and explore the ship one deck at a time - fun! Also a great time to get pics of the different areas.

Archived