FOS cruise cancelled for April 18 2010

mariaw8889

I had booked the week of April 18,2010 on Freedom of the Seas, as it is the week of my children's spring school vacation. This morning I went to check on price changes and I see n/a under each stateroom catagory. So I called royal caribbean and the representative told me that this week has been cancelled due to a previously unscheduled dry docking. I am not sure what to do at this point.

I had booked the week of April 18,2010 on Freedom of the Seas, as it is the week of my children's spring school vacation. This morning I went to check on price changes and I see n/a under each stateroom catagory. So I called royal caribbean and the representative told me that this week has been cancelled due to a previously unscheduled dry docking. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Thank goodness you have plenty of time to reschule another cruise for that week. Did the rep give you any ideas?

Laura

1st, welcome to CC...

2nd, did they give you any options???? is there another hsip sailing the same week that you can move your booking to???

It has (knock on wood) not happened to us, but many other CCers have had this happen....and, generally, RC will attempt to assist you.......

you can also call back and get a different rep and see if they are more helpful.....

you don;t day where you live, but there are a number of options..you could even do a couple b2bs on smaller ships...AOS is going to the SO Carib out of San Juan (but i am not sure when she moves to europe)

Serenade leaves from SJ the day before....Liberty from MIA...

I think we will see about booking Liberty that week instead. Is this ship identical to Freedom? I was looking forward to the zip line in Labadee, though. The Liberty doesn't stop there that week.

yes it is.....and since you won't get to labadee you will have an excuse to book another cruise!!!

WOW thank stinks!!! I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumor about Freedom moving to San Juan??

Okay, since I have a cruise scheduled with family members on Freedom 9/6 I would REALLY like to know if there is any truth to this remark or just someone having some fun stirring up comments. Any idea?

WOW thank stinks!!! I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumor about Freedom moving to San Juan??

huh?:eek:

Okay, since I have a cruise scheduled with family members on Freedom 9/6 I would REALLY like to know if there is any truth to this remark or just someone having some fun stirring up comments. Any idea?

There is no truth to the rumor. A waiter on the AOS told someone that the Freedom would be replacing the AOS in San Juan - not the most reliable source. RCCL has signed a contract for Freedom to be in Port Canaveral for 5 years. It's possible another Freedom class ship will be moved to San Juan - but that would be for the soon to be released cruising season and would not affect any current bookings.

Freedom will be moving to Port Canaveral this spring, doing alternating east/west caribbean sailings, so I seriously doubt there is any truth to her moving to SJU.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your cruise being cancelled. I know how you feel when you have planned something even if it is a way ahead.

This happened to us. We were supposed to be on the Explorer in April 2010 and they cancelled ours due to change in schedules. The only bonus was that we were given an obc of $400 (for a JS upwards) and if we had had anything under a JS we would of been given $200 obc. This was given to us if we moved to another Explorer cruise. Which we did!! So hopefully you will get some obc. :)

This may explain it. The Freedom is going it for Dry Dock at that time. ;)

Newest updates from Albert Ross,

Late 2008 updates.

Thank you Albert Ross. ;)

Changes in BOLD

Monarch of the Seas MAY 2011

Majesty of the Seas 1 - 9 FEB 2010

Rhapsody of the Seas FEB 2012

Grandeur of the Seas APR 2012

Legend of the Seas 10-28 JAN 2010

Enchantment of the Seas 26 APR - 7 MAY 2010

Vision of the Seas 20 NOV - 5 DEC 2010

Splendor of the Seas MAR 2011

Jewel of the Seas SEP 2011

Serenade of the Seas FEB 2013

Radiance of the Seas MAR 2013

Brilliance of the Seas APR 2013

Navigator of the Seas Jan 29 - 5 Feb 2009

Adventure of the Seas 26APR - 06MAY 2009

Explorer of the Seas Jan 3- 13 2010

Mariner of the Seas SEP 2011

Voyager of the Seas 03MAY - 13MAY 2009

Freedom of the Seas 18 - 25 APR 2010

Liberty of the Seas 17 - 24 APR 2011

Independance of the Seas MAR 2012

If anyone has any new information that they hear from the Captains on the ships, please post me and let me know.

Thank you.

Alexis

I think we will see about booking Liberty that week instead. Is this ship identical to Freedom? I was looking forward to the zip line in Labadee, though. The Liberty doesn't stop there that week.

It's horrible to have your vacation switched around on you but Liberty is a great ship. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

I did not post that trying to stir up anything........and anything said is specualtion at tis time. I had read somewhere else on the board (as another poster mentioned) that PR was an option for Freedom.....sounds like thats not the case though.

Sorry to cause any confusion.....I too wanted to know what the deal is and it seems the truth is no one really knows yet.

If there are contracts and such than I am sure what I heard is not true......or like someone said maybe it'll be one from that "class" and not the Freedom itself.

To the OP:

I have sailed both Freedom and Liberty and there is no difference in the ships themselves. As mentioned above it would be a great excuse to cruise again if you miss Labadee;) As far as the zipline....some of the Islands themselves have that as an option for an excursion so you still may be able to do that.

Freedom will be moving to Port Canaveral this spring' date=' doing alternating east/west caribbean sailings, so I seriously doubt there is any truth to her moving to SJU.[/quote']

Is this a for sure thing??????? If so do you know when Freedom will start sailing from there???? I wonder what options are going to be available to cruise to Aruba if AOS is leaving??? I know this is a little off topuc but do you have any ideas????

Archived