Discounts for 55+

sunnypopple

Anyone sailing on the Adventure of the Seas 7/19/09 and getting the 55+ senior discount? How did you go about getting it?

Thanks,

Sunnypopple

If you are over 55 and the discount is available on your cruise, you should automatically get it. It is not avaialble on all cruises or dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone sailing on the Adventure of the Seas 7/19/09 and getting the 55+ senior discount? How did you go about getting it?

Thanks,

Sunnypopple

On many of their cruises. RCI doesn't offer Senior Discounts for early bookings. They usually wait and see how they are selling and often offer the discount 60-90 days prior to sail date.

• 4 weeks later...
If you are over 55 and the discount is available on your cruise, you should automatically get it. It is not available on all cruises or dates.[/quote

This is not quite accurate. If the 55+ discount is offered for that cruise, you or your ta must ask for it. If you are doing your own res on line, you must check the 55+ box in order for it to be applied. Should the 55+ discount come up after you have made your res, you can call RCCL and they will give you the credit. If you used a ta, call them and have them do the same as above. If they tell you they cant, get a new ta.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used the 55+ discount on both Carnival and RCCL. Sailing solo, it's saved me a lot of money. It's not available on every cruise all the time, so you have to keep checking the rates to see when it shows up.

On selected cruises and cabin categories on Celebrity, the 55+ discount can be pretty good. I got an $800 discount on a recent Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity. Keep an eye on their website. Also, they give discounts based on the state where you live. I've gotten a couple of discounts living in Wisconsin.

On selected cruises and cabin categories on Celebrity, the 55+ discount can be pretty good. I got an $800 discount on a recent Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity. Keep an eye on their website. Also, they give discounts based on the state where you live. I've gotten a couple of discounts living in Wisconsin.

Royal Caribbean gives that too. My sister and I both saved $190 each because she lives in Texas and right now RCL is giving Texas residents a special on the Feb 14, 2010 cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. Because I am in the same cabin as her, even though I live in Louisiana, I also was able to take advantage of that price drop. So together we save $380.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am 54 and 1/2....

I am actually looking FORWARD to my next birthday.

I might save a little money!!! :D

I turned 55 this summer-but unfortunately no discount on our upcoming cruise-and our cruise docs had my age listed-I am a couple of years older than my hubby.

Oh well, Ross gives me a 10% discount on Tuesdays!

Hi, do you know if this discounts apply only for us residents?? I am from mexico, my dad is 60 and we are going on a med cruise with rccl, they have 55+ discounts but i don´t know if it would apply for mexican residents.

Thanks!!!

Archived