Motorized scooter rental

Loucat

I searched the threads for information on how to rent a motorized scooter for on-board use. I also searched the web and sent messages to companies that say they rent their equipment for cruises-no response. Could anyone tell me how they have rented such a scooter and how did they rent one?? Thanks for your information it would be very helpful.

I used care vacations...and rented a wheelchair...but they rent scooters too...from almost any port IIRC...google them...they replied pretty quickly...the chair was in the cabin upon boarding as indicated...(i was able to run up before cabins were ready to get it...)

I searched the threads for information on how to rent a motorized scooter for on-board use. I also searched the web and sent messages to companies that say they rent their equipment for cruises-no response. Could anyone tell me how they have rented such a scooter and how did they rent one?? Thanks for your information it would be very helpful.

Your best source on this topic would be to contact RCL as they will have specific vendors that are allowed to bring their equipment to the ship. RCL should be able to provide you with those vendors toll free #'s.

My mother had a rented scooter on a cruise out of San Juan several years ago. My sister arranged it by contacting Royal Caribbean; they put her in touch with the vendor (don't remember which one, or how much it was, but this vendor operates in a number of ports of embarkation). The scooter was waiting on board for her when we embarked, and the vendor picked it up from the ship after we debarked.

Just a thought...Make sure they know how to drive them before borading...on my last cruise I was ran into in the dining room by someone driving one of these. I was seated and they litterally ran into me and pushed my chair. No excuse me or anything. I was surprised. Obviously not to skilled at driving on of those things. :( So a first time rental may not be a god idea??

Archived