inside stateroom Cat12?

1stcruisedm

Never book a category of cabin you would not be able to tolerate. While upgrades are occasionally offered, it is rare for someone to go from the lowest level of inside cabin to an outside one.

We have had many inside cabins on Carnival, Norwegian, Princess, and Celebrity ships. Some are in better locations than others. The lowest categories tend to be on the bottom passenger levels of the ship.

Our favorite location was an inside cabin on the Sun Princess on the Aloha Deck. There was a door to an outside area of the bow near our cabin. We called that area our private balcony--although of course it was open to any passenger.

Another great location was an inside cabin on Celebrity's Century. It was on the Plaza Deck, just a few doors down the corridor from Guest Relations. It was very convenient to many different areas--and we did not have to walk down a long corridor of cabins to get to ours.

I guess I understand what you're saying but if its the only way I can go, I guess I'll just be thankful to be on a Disney Cruise...

That's how I feel. You don't spend alot of time in your room anyway so I never find it a big deal about where it is. And an advantage of being on the 2nd and 3rd floor are the elevators!! The gangway is on the first floor and everytime we would get back, those elevators were PACKED! Everyone was waiting to get on. We were able to skip everyone and go right up the stairs since it was only 1 flight and get to our room quick. Thats the last thing you want to do after a nice day on an island, wait for a packed elevator that is going to stop on every floor!

I have been in a Disney inside cabin for a 11 day cruise. I am not sure if it was a Cat 12 or 10. Disney cabins are nicely laid out. Having a seaview from a cabin is nice but there are plenty places on board the ship to view the ocean.

"but if its the only way I can go, I guess I'll just be thankful to be on a Disney Cruise". That is the attitude to have. There was a point in my life where the only way I could afford to go on a cruise was to book inside cabins so that is what I did.

Actually when we took the 11 day cruise, we could have afforded a balcony, but to me the price difference was too high. I enjoy balconies, but my wife is afraid of heights, so the balcony price premium wasn't worth it to me. We were mostly going on that cruise to see some islands (southern caribbean) we haven't been to.

Congrats, on your upcoming cruise. You made the correct decision for YOU, which is the important thing.

Please come back if you have any further questions, we are a friendly bunch, with some of the others being very knowledgeable about Disney cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I've cruised interior and oceanview before and of course the oceanview is better. BUT on the disney cruise I just can't justify the price difference. So when we found a great deal for our family in a category 12 we jumped at it! We ended up spending less than $2000 for a 7 night disney cruise, with insurance, for myself, my husband, and our daughter. This will be my 5th cruise, my husband's 3rd cruise, and our daughter's first. We had originally planned on getting a balcony room on a 7 night carnival cruise for the same price. But like I said we jumped when we saw the great deal on the cat 12 Disney cruise. It will be rather tight being in the small room for 7 nights with a crib added, but we will make due. I'm glad we are able to go on a disney cruise at all! I heard something about Disney adding 2 more ships next year. Maybe that will cause the rates to go down???? We can only hope, lol. All in all you don't spend a lot of time in your room. Feel fine in the decision you made and spend the money you saved on the drinks of the days. ;-)

Thanks to everyone who responded. I did book 2 catergory 12 inside state rooms & I'm happy about my decision. I wouldn't have felt comfortable booking a higher category when we can spend the money doing something else.:D

Be aware that just because you booked 2 cat. 12 gty. cabins when they assign your cabins they may not be near each other. While they will try to keep you together they are not obligated to and may not be able to move 1 cabin to be closer to the other.

I have and 99% of the time, you get upgraded to an ocean view room.

I definately would not say " 99% of the time, you get upgraded to an ocean view room". We booked a cat. 12 and got upgraded to a cat. 11. I have known many people who have booked a cat. 12 and received a cat. 10 or 11, both inside cabins.

The only true guarantee you can say about booking a cat. 12 cabin it to book 4 people in the cabin and you will receive a cat. 11, since the cat. 12's do not sleep 4 people.

Whenever we book an inside cabin, we bring along small LCD flashlights because the power and lights do occasionally go out.

You can buy them at auto parts store for under $3.

Just my 2 cents.

When has this ever happened on a DCL cruise? That would be a major malfunction.

Cat 12's are fine. The only real reason they are CAT 12's is because they are right under the night club, Rockin Bar D.

We stayed in an 11 and a 12 and they were exactly the same as far as we could tell.

We were booked in a cat 12 for our upcoming cruise, but got bumped to a 10.

Cat 12's are fine. The only real reason they are CAT 12's is because they are right under the night club, Rockin Bar D.

We stayed in an 11 and a 12 and they were exactly the same as far as we could tell.

We were booked in a cat 12 for our upcoming cruise, but got bumped to a 10.

You'll really like the 10's. While still being inside cabins they have the split bathrooms which are great.:)

Bill

I didn't get my room #s yet but I really dont care if they're next to each other. I have a close knit family & I can definitely see us squeezing into one room every night. It's jsut the way we are. I would use the 2nd room for storage for my luggage!!

Archived